Tuesday 2 January 2018

NY Resolutions

#1 Maintain a balance between reason and energy.

1st January 4:30am - Central line, London

#2 My roommates have inspired me to support my local community more. Gemma spent Christmas day chipping in at a homeless shelter and Evelien volunteers at Oxfam on her one day off a week. Stars!!

#3 I want to practice a more sustainable and greener lifestyle. I'm going to indulge my green thumb, reduce my waste and give veganuary a whirl. This article about a man who wore all the rubbish he generated in a month opened my eyes.

#4 Working as a receptionist 40 hours a week doesn't exactly encourage having a good posture. Although I've noticed that raising my monitor helps dramatically!

#5 Living in a hostel has well and truly reignited my passion for travel. This year I want to go on frequent European city breaks and visit the countless friends I've made in this crazy business.

#6 My Assyrian roommate Ashur inspires me to cook more exotic dishes and support local Asian supermarkets. These days if I fancy a snack, I'll carve a mango or grab a few medjool dates ~ quavers must be going out of business! I've also discovered a groovy ginseng drink that I can't get enough of ~ bonus points that it looks like I'm drinking a potion as the root is inside the bottle.

#7 Make the most of my national poetry library membership.

#8 My roommate Laura is an extremely talented and modest artist. Next pay day I'm going to swing by Cass Art and buy my own wee set.


What are your NY resolutions?