Thursday 27 December 2012

Christmas Sales Haul

Boxing Day sales are renowned within the blogosphere for being one of the best shopping days of the year. But, since I'm down in London the shops are naturally extra jam packed and well... confined spaces + a panic attack prone person = a recipe for disaster! I tried two years ago and it was literally handbags at dawn! I learnt to never come between a sleep deprived woman and her dream arm candy!

So, yesterday was materialistic torture, as I couldn't help but trawl through blogs to see everyone's bargains. I went to Bromley this afternoon with my fingers crossed and was surprised with all the left over hidden gems I managed to find! So, expect plenty of beauty reviews soon...

I've been lusting over Rituals eye-shadows for the past few weeks, so I was like a bee to honey when I noticed they were half price! I picked up this light lilac shade in 'Amethyst Touch' which is part of their new gemstone makeup range. The original price was £10.90!

Next was Accessorize, most sale items were 50% off... music to my ears! But, it was soon clear that their best bargains had been taken. I did, however, pick up this cute mustache car air freshener for my friend. At £1.25, you can't really go wrong!

Jumper: Barnardo's charity shop £4

I also picked up this mini evil eye necklace for £6 whilst I was in Accessorize. Although it wasn't in the sale section, it instantly reminded me of the many Greek evil eyes dotted around my Dad's house, I had to get it!

I have to say, this years Body Shop sale was definitely better than last years! Pretty much all my go-to products we're on offer, but since I need room in my suitcase for my Paris goodies. In the end, I just got this tote for £2. I practically had to be dragged me away!

As my beloved Tweezerman tweezers broke this summer, I treated myself to a new pair today. This lilac pair was just £12.50 (compared to the standard sized £21.50 price tag) as their a smaller size, ideal for your makeup bag!

I was slightly skeptical to buy these MUA products as, a £1 eyeliner, lip liner, eyebrow pencil and £4 eye-shadow pallet seemed too good to be true! But, I thought I'd give them a go. I chose their new 'Heaven and Earth' pallete, which consists of a combination of cappuccino and latte shades. I chose the eyebrow pencil in 'Brunette', lip liner in 'Red Drama' and eyeliner in 'Royal Blue'.

And hey, if the liners are no good, I'll go as Aladdin Sane for New Years!

I could literally create an entire blog solely based on Lush products! There's nothing better than soaking in a hot bath after a long day with a relaxing bubble bar in! I was like a kid in a sweet-shop this afternoon and made a beeline for their 50% off section...

I bought this 100g limited edition Ponche shower gel as it was just £2.13! It's inspired by the traditional Mexican Christmas punch and even has a shot of tequila in it! Ay ay ay!

I only picked up one more item that was on offer, this Christmas Eve bubble bar for just £1.48!

I couldn't walk into Lush without buying my beloved Karma bubble bar! (£3.15)

I've been dying to test out Lush's cleanser 'Herbalism', after reading tonnes of rave reviews! I picked up a 100g pot for £6.25!

As we were queuing to pay, my Dad picked this up and said they'd named a shower gel after me! So, he treated me to this 'Happy Hippy' shower gel for £3.25!

One of my favourite things about Lush has to be the shops funky vibe!...

Did you head out on Boxing day to catch the sales? Did you find any bargains?