Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas lovelies!

Merry Christmas guys! Or, Kala Xristougenna, as they say in Greece! I hope Father Christmas brought you everything you wished for and that your day was filled with happiness!

I think my favourite thing about Christmas has to be the total lack of guilt! I mean, it's possibly the only day of the year you can eat to your hearts content and stay in your pajamas all day without an ounce of guilt! (Well, that's how I celebrate!)

This year I didn't wake up until 10am, I must actually be growing up! Luckily Father Christmas had been and I was left incredibly spoilt...

My brother treated me to the mother of all books, '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'. I've already had a quick flick and can't wait to start crossing them off, slowly slowly! He also bought me a parody book of Harry Potter... meet Barry Trotter!!

My mum bought me a sweet little book to pop in my handbag,'Start Your Day With Katie', written by acid attack survivor Katie Piper. I watched her 4OD documentary last year and was inspired, not only by her courage, but her refreshing attitude to life. The book is brimming with positive affirmations for every day of the year!

My generous brother also treated me to a huge L'occitane gift box, filled to the brim with Lavender goodies! (He knows I'm a sucker for anything Lavender based).

My stocking was particularly amazing this year! L - R:
- A box of Edward Monkton chocolates (my favourite greetings card artist)
- A Little Miss Sunshine bookmark
- A Willy Wonka Bar (yes, really!)
- Personalised 'I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking' mug (courtesy of the lovely Beth)
- Starbucks Caramel syrup (the elixer of life)
- A pack of six Strawberry Chewits (which I intend to eat all by myself)
- A crescent moon pendant I had my eye on for months, that Beth bought me!

As usual, an abundance of new lotions and potions for me to test!

And finally, as a late 18th birthday present, my parents have treated me to 4 nights and 5 days in Paris over New Years! I can't begin to describe how excited I am! I've never been to France before and have already made our itinerary of all the different Cathedrals, Museums and Cafes for my Dad and I to visit! (And don't even get me started on all the beauty products I'm planning on bringing back!)


We spent the rest of the morning cooking up a festive feast of my favourite traditional Greek dish called 'Pastitsio'. Alright, I know it's not exactly 'traditional', but it was certainly tasty!

We spent the rest of the day watching old reruns of The Vicar Of Dibley, eating copious amounts of Terry's Chocolate Orange and  we were adamant on keeping our Christmas cracker hats glued to our heads all day... (even when my Dad popped out to the shops!) Finally, no Wyer Christmas would be complete without our tradition of watching The Muppet's Christmas Carol...

"It's true, wherever you find love, it feels like Christmas!"

How did you spend your Christmas? What did Father Christmas bring you? And what's your favourite festive films? Sending you all lots of festive vibes!