Tuesday 19 May 2015

Blooming Books #3 An Evening with Madeleine Shaw

CALLING ALL FOODIES!

Last month I had the pleasure of going to the launch of Madeleine Shaw's book at Whole Foods. Maddy is a holistic nutritional health coach, food b/vlogger, yoga instructor and can now add author to her string of bows - talk about burning the candle at both ends! Her cook book 'Get the Glow' is brimming with delicious Antipodean recipes and is currently Amazon's #1 best seller. The magical evening consisted of three cooking demos, an insightful Q&A and a meet and greet.


We chowed down on Maddy's scrumptious raw pad Thai, raw cherry and chocolate fudge & date and cardamom almond milk. She retorted that the beauty of rustling up raw food is that you can't burn it... that's my kind of lady!


If you're into cooking and fancy contraptions, I highly recommend buying Hemsley & Hemsley's spiralizer - I'm going to start looking like courgetti!


It's almost been a month since I got my hands on a copy and I'm still drooling over her desserts that rival Willy Wonka's and often find myself dipping into her chapters for practical nutrition advice.

Banana and cinnamon loaf / Date & cardamom almond milk

Date and pistachio cupcakes / Apple tart

Goodie bag treats (I ate/drank the rest on the train home, oops)

I first connected with Maddy three years ago when I began interning at Nutrition Rocks, as she was a food contributor for the site. Two summers ago I went along to her first supper club and was blown away by her recipes and infectious sunny personality, which funny enough I would totally describe as a glow! It's incredibly inspiring to see her grow and thrive and it was so lovely catching up with her on the night - she deserves every success!



You HAVE to try Maddy's raw coconut and apricot bliss balls!


I can't recommend Get the Glow enough, it's worth buying for the delightful food photography alone - it's also on offer for just £6.99 at the mo! Maddy's Youtube channel and Instagram are also worth checking out...

Nectarine, Parma ham, asparagus and goats cheese salad / Relaxing Yoga Tutorial For Beginners



Keep Blooming!