Thursday 4 June 2015

Bliss by Karen x Showroom

As you may remember, last year my mum launched her upcycling business Bliss by Karen x and has been thriving ever since. Her latest venture is market stalls and her own showroom at a treasure trove in Stockport called The Vintage Emporium, Pear Mill. The historical building has recently been revamped and cultivated into an Aladdin's cave where hippies and mad hatters can showcase their oddities and marvellous creations. 

Here's my mum's groovy pieces...







I can't stress how huge and quirky this venue is - if you're ever in the area, pop by have a gander. While you're at it, nip into Debby's café on the ground floor for a cosmic hot chocolate - epicureans thank me later! Here's some photo's of other artists spaces to give you an idea of the range and scale - the lady next door to my mum has an incredible hanging rattan chair that I've got my eye on! 

Serious Holly Golightly vibes...

                               My kind of wine glass/goblet!

I've always dreamed of owning a peacock chair à la Morticia Addams. The chair that commands attention!

I had to squeeze in a selfie or two!


 
Forgotten to buy a birthday card? No worry, I've got a cymbal you can use!

On the last Sunday of every month in a neighbouring town called Macclesfield, a Treacle market is held and last week my mum ran her a stall. The venue was a delightful church at its 'rent-a-pew' event. It was a wonderful experience and hopefully one of many! If you're also nurturing a small business, my mum wholeheartedly recommends getting involved in local markets and networking with your community!

 As my mum's pew space was limited, she only took a few select pieces of her Bliss by Karen x collection, such as the Buttercup footstool below, and the remainder of her stock was brick-a-brac she'd sourced from all over the world. Funnily enough, the music played at the event was a little surprising considering we were in the Lord's house, but I wasn't complaining, in fact I was in my element throwing some shapes to Diana Ross - I made a 'now that's what I call rent-a-pew 15' playlist for anyone who's curious (my brother gets full credit for the INGENIOUS name).
If you like what you see and want to share the love, follow my kooky mama on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!


Strive and thrive!