Sunday 21 June 2015

Empties #2 Dare My Wild Heart

I mentioned in my last empties that I'm currently trying to use up lots of my lotions and potions. I recently heard a minimalism tactic in which you wait until you've finished five products before you treat yourself to a new one - it's really given my skincare and make up routine a new lease of life!

I received these travel sized wild rose Korres creams for Christmas which are ideal for my nomad lifestyle. Although when first applied they smell wickedly pungent, I adore how plump they leave my skin. Once I'm back on Greek soil, I'm going to stock up as they're cheaper in their native land!
I can't help but belt Stevie Nick's Wild Heart whenever I use these!

For a week I used this Clarins gentle foaming cleanser sample and was pleasantly surprised - I think I might have to have a looksee for this when I'm at duty free next week!

I usually double cleanse in the evening, so use my Bioderma as I find it so gentle and relaxing on my sensitive skin. I massage the product in using the Japanese brand DHC's silky cotton pads. Even if I haven't been wearing make up, you'd be amazed (disgusted) how much dirt can collect on your skin living in a city! Apparently there's a blue bottle of Bioderma which is specifically for sensitive/dry skin so I'll keep my eyes peeled for that!
I also just finished up this travel size St.Ives apricot scrub - it's quite harsh so I only used it once a fortnight to exfoliate my face.

I'm a sucker for hair masks, but there's only ever been one that I've been loyal to and that's Herbal Essences Bee Strong - I've used it at least once a week for a good four years! I was first lured in to buying it when I saw Nicole Scherzinger advertising it back when I was in high school - THIS STUFF IS MAGIC (& smells good enough to eat)!
Another day, another travel size product - this time in the shape of L'occitane's lavender shower gel. Whenever I have a particularly rough day, I hop in the shower 20 minutes before going to sleep and douse myself in this gel ~ its aromatherapy properties works wonders for any hectic mind!

When I cut fizzy drinks from my diet, I immediately notice a difference in my skin and overall mood. My pop of choice has always been Fanta so when I crave the sugary drink I instead have one of these (1 a day) - not only are they bursting with vitamins, they also satisfy the sweet craving! 

Just thought I'd also note that during term time at uni, I keep a few sachets of emergen-c in my handbag as many of my workshops begin at 9 - meaning I have to set off on my commute around 7:40. It's a miracle if I have time to brush my hair, let alone make breakfast! On those wild mornings, I add a sachet into my water to feel human,
Here's a travel size version of Lancôme's Bi-Facil eye make up remover that I got in a Christmas hypnose mascara gift set - sacré bleu, it's incredible!

I keep this mini sudocrem on my top shelf as it's so handy - I dab a tiny dot of this thick cream on spots and find that it really helps to soothe any redness and calm the beast.
You will always find an evian spray on my bedside table, whether I'm in the blistering heat of Greece, or in gloomy Manchester - a spritz of this is heaven when you're feeling a lil flustered.

My final empty is this anthropologie avocado and mint candle which has been never ending. This and their vanilla/fig candle are my all time favourites and leave my room smelling of guacamole and fig newtons... mmm mmm mmmmm!


What's the last product you used up?