Saturday 19 January 2013

Rimmel wake me up foundation review

As many of you may have noticed, this foundation has been floating around the blogosphere quite a lot recently. But, I thought I'd jump on the band wagon and give my two cents!

I picked this up at my local Superdrug for just £5.99, as it was currently - and still is - on offer with £3 off! In store, I tested each sample and eventually settled on 'soft beige'. I was initially worried when I saw that there was only six shades to chose from. But, thankfully this colour blends well with my skin tone and creates a light daytime base (and hides a multitude of sins)!

The quirky orange bottle claims to: "visibly reawakens and illuminates skin with a radiant glow and a flawless, natural-looking finish." I have to agree, as it definitely leaves my skin looking brighter and leaves a lovely glow! The texture is also nice and smooth - I tend to use a stippling brush when applying my foundation, but with this one you can go old school and use your fingers, as it's not too watery!

This foundation has instantly become a staple in my daily makeup routine and as it's SPF15, it'll be handy for when the sun (finally) makes an appearance!

Have you used this foundation? Did you have problems finding your shade?