Tuesday 8 January 2013

Paris Haul

Hi Petals! As it was my first time in France, I did my research to figure out the best beauty buys! I read over and over again, that the best place to find the goodies is the local pharmacy! It didn't take long to realise that there didn't seem to be a French equivalent to 'Boots' or 'Superdrug'! But, there was a pharmacy on most street corners!

I know I wasn't particularly adventurous with my buys, but A) I wanted to start with the basics and B) stick to things that I knew I'd actually use!

Bioderma Crealine H20: Unless you blog under a rock, you'll know just how much of a cult following this makeup remover has! I actually picked this 500ml bottle up at a local pharmacy in Montmartre for just 10 euro and the handbag size for 3! (I want to make sure that I've used the product for a good month before reviewing it, so I can review the long term effects and results!)

Uriage Stick Levres: I was really looking forward to reviewing this product as, when I bought it, i didn't realise just how useful it would be - especially as a base before applying lipstick as it's so moisturising! I only wish I'd bought more than one, it was only 6 euro!

Evian Brumisateur Mineral Water Spray: As soon as I heard about this product, I knew I'd love it! They were only 3 euro each and are ideal to pop in your handbag! I just spritz it over my face whenever I'm having a wobble or feeling flustered and I'm instantly hydrated!

La Roche Posay Lipikar Xerand Creme Mains: Most girls have too many lip balms/glosses floating about, but for me, it seems to be hand creams! I really love essential oil based creams and the way they tend to linger, so it was rare for me to buy a more simpler hand cream - but, it seems to do the trick in keeping dry hands at bay during the winter! I bought a pack of two for 9 euro! 

Papier D'armenie La Rose (Armenian paper): I picked up this little gem for just 3 euro at the pharmacy checkout. You can tear the scented sheets from the mini booklet and keep them in your handbag or purse to create a beautiful floral smell whenever you open them. Or, you can fold one like an accordant, light it, then quickly blow it out and your room will smell of roses! (I like to light one just before getting in the bath...bliss!)

Here's a few other bits and bobs I picked up along the way...
Bn Bn, do doooo do do do
How cute is this cushion cover?!

As we were leaving the Louvre, my dad spotted a man walking around with a polaroid charging 5 euro for a snap! And, since I'd just bought this sweet photo frame for my bedside table, it seemed perfect timing!

Have you tried any of these beauty products (or any other French cosmetics)? Would you recommend them?