Wednesday 13 February 2013

Elie Saab Spring / Summer 2013 Haute Couture

My favourite current designer has to be Elie Saab. I was so excited to see his latest Spring/Summer 2013 Haute Couture collection and was not left disappointed! The Lebanese designer is renowned for his delicate and ethereal dresses. My personal fashion philosophy comes from a Stevie Nicks interview I once read on how it's always nice to wear something floaty - Saab definitely ticks this box!

Here's a bunch of his previous designs to give you an idea of his unique style. His bridal collections are one of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on - I've promised myself that whenever I walk down the isle, I'll be wearing one of his pieces with a long, billowing train...


I've cherry picked a few of my favourite pieces from his latest collection. I'm already guessing who'll be wearing them during awards season...
Images from: Style.com, Tumblr and Fashion Gone Rogue

His dresses are incredibly elegant and feminine - I particularly like their transparency, as it adds to the lightness and draping of the dresses. I also love all the intricate embellishments and how his designs are so distinctive!

Do you have a favourite piece from Elie Saab's collection? Who's your favourite designer?