Monday 11 February 2013

Monday blues #1

So, today's post is a little different! It's not about the latest lipstick I've tried or an upcoming fashion trend... it's about happiness!

We all have our moments of worry, fear and doubt and although I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason - once you're in a negative mindset, it's so easy for the negativity to spiral out of control. Dr.Seuss was right, "...when you're in a slump, you're not in for much fun. Unslumping yourself is not easily done."

In order to break the vicious cycle, you need to change your thoughts. Your mind is a very powerful tool and your thoughts have the potential to change your entire mood, day and outlook on life. My advice for whenever you find yourself in a funk, is to simply do whatever makes you happy! Put your headphones on and dance to your favourite Fleetwood Mac album! Bake your favourite lemon drizzle cake! Wear something Yellow! Curl up in bed with a cuppa and read your old and battered favourite book! ANYTHING, as long as it puts a smile on your face!

Over the years, whenever I've seen something that's made me smile on tumblr or pinterest, I've added them to my 'Happy folder'. Every time I have a wobble, I open up the file which is brimming with positive affirmations, my favourite song lyrics, holiday/childhood snaps and my spirits are instantly lifted!

Every Monday, I'll post more of my Happy folder and feelgood songs to help combat your Monday Blues!



me and my brother Billy, Corfu 2001






me and my brother Billy, Corfu 2012







I'll leave you with the happiest song ever: Rusted Root's 'Send Me On My Way'! I hope you all have a lovely week ladies! Keep your chin up!

Do you have any tips and tricks for when you're feeling blue? Or, any gems for me to add to my happy folder?