Saturday 23 February 2013

Tag: 50 Random facts about me

I know I'm a little late with this tag, but since I've only had my blog a few months, I thought I'd still do the '50 Random facts about me' tag so you could all get to know me a little bit better!

The beach below my yiayia's (grandmothers) house, Corfu, Summer 2012


1.  When people first find out my name, they always sing "daisy, daisy, give me your answer, do..." I should probably hate the song by now, but... the lyrics are sooo cute!

2.  My favourite place in the world is my grandmothers house in Corfu. It's overlooking the sea and her garden's full of flowers and lemon trees!
Yiayia's, Corfu, Summer 2011

3.  I dilly dally far too much.

4.  I really want to see the Northern Lights!!

5.  I could listen to Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album all day, e'ry day.

6.  I suffer from panic disorder and anxiety attacks - but I haven't had one in a few weeks - touch wood!

7.  I was born November 10th '94 and am a Scorpio.

8.  My favourite TV shows are Arrested Development and Lost!

9  I want to be a writer and will (fingers crossed) be studying creative writing at university!

10.  My favourite book is Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. We're currently studying it at sixth form, but I ended up reading the entire book within the first month... I couldn't put it down!

11.  I hum all the time.

12.  My Dad lives in London and I've visited him every half term since I was in year 5.

13.  I genuinely enjoy my own company!

14.  I'm annoyingly most creative in the middle of the night. Even if it's 3 AM, once I start writing I'm off...

15.  I have one brother, Billy, who is two 1/2 years older than me.
Me & Billy, January 2013

16.  My favorite colour is yellow :-)

17.  My mum is my role model. When she was my age, she was travelling around the world as a dancer. She even lived in Japan for six months and spent her 18th birthday there!

18.  My favourite thing in the world besides writing, is swimming in the sea.

19.  My favourite Disney movies are Pocahontas & Tarzan.

20.  But I often break out into "put that thing back where it came from or so help me"... I love Monsters Inc!

21.  I have an evergrowing vinyl collection. 

22.  I grew up and went to primary school on the island of Corfu until I was 8 and couldn't write in English until I was almost 10.
I can also speak Greek... more or less
Me, Billy & Dad, Pasxa, 2001

23.  My middle name is Jane, after my Auntie. Not so that my name sounds like 'daisychain' when said fast. (You'd be surprised how many people actually think that!)

24.  My favourite snack is olives.

25.  I really do believe in destiny and that everything happens for a reason.

26.  I'm in the middle of learning how to drive. I've had 16 lessons and still haven't learned how to reverse  :(

27.  Thanks to Wallace & Gromit, I used to think the moon was made of cheese until I was embarrassingly old!

28.  I love baking banana bread! (and eating it)

29.  I've written in my diary every day since my sixteenth birthday. I find it really therapeutic looking back & reading how I used to feel about situations and seeing how my perceptions have changed.

30.  My dog's called Deefa - as in 'D for dog'.I know, my family's sooo punny!
Deefa, Christmas 2011


31.  West side story is hands down my all time favourite musical. My favourite movie is Uncle Buck! Oh, and anything by Tarantino!

32.  My goal in life is to travel to two new countries a year; last year I visited Norway and Paris. So far this year, I've booked a trip to Prague in September with 8 of my friends :-)
Paris, New Year's 2012


33.  My mum actually considered calling me 'Buttercup', after watching 'The Princess Bride' when she was pregnant.

34.  I always have an Amethyst stone at the bottom of my handbag.

35.  I draw on everything.

36.  I usually have at least 2 rings on at any given moment, but have lost so many rings in the sea over the years :-(

37.  I have a yellow belt in Taekwondo from when I was about 12, but all I can remember is how to say 1-10 in Korean.

38.  I have so many memories of when I was little, but literally can't remember what I did last week (that's  why a diary is essential for me).

39.  I'm a daydreamer.

40.  At Caffe Nero's I order a chai latte or a caramel latte "with extra caramel sauce".

41.  My Dad really reminds me of Adam Sandler!

42.  I often meditate to help calm my nerves.

43.  One of my favourite quotes is "it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice", which my Nana always says.
My Nana and I, Corfu, 1996

44.  I was so upset when Michael Jackson died, that I had the day off school.

45.  Listening to Bob Marley instantly puts me in a good mood.

46.  When I was 15, I dyed my hair jet black. I'm still not quite sure why?

47.  Last October, I cut off 10 inches of my hair for "The Little Princess Trust" - a charity that makes wigs for children going through chemotherapy. 

48.  My maternal Grandad is Irish.

49.  Procrastination is my biggest vice.

50.  I still have the Pocahontas watch my friend Amalia bought me for my 7th birthday!

I hope you feel like you know me a little better now (and that I didn't bore you too much!)I've been jotting these down in class for the last week... I can't believe I actually managed to scramble 50 together!


I tag anyone & everyone...
Feel free to link your '50 random facts' below, I'd love to give it a look!