Monday 1 December 2014

White Rabbit White Rabbit White Rabbit

How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon? - Dr.Seuss

December is all about pyjamas, three sizes too big for you jumpers and candles burning in all corners of the house. In the next few weeks, I have an abundance of deadlines and so picked up a few bits in Primark over the weekend to make 5,000 word counts a little more bearable. 

When it comes to lounge wear, Primark wins every time. It seems every blogger and their cat owned a pair of their ADORABLE Bambi, Thumper and Dumbo slippers last winter. Here are the pyjamas I couldn't resist...
So far this year, I haven't hunted down the perfect Christmas jumper so for now am starting a new trend... Christmas leggings! Even though £10 for Primark is a little pricey, the quality is fantastic.

They've done it again. How cute are these Paul Frank slippers?!
(Do excuse my teeny tiny feet)

I HAD to get these yellow pyjamas brimming with my role model since '94...
 Vanilla & coconut £2 Blackcurrant & Orchid  £3

Whenever I'm in Primark, I always pick up a bunch of the latest candles my mum's been burning back home in Manchester. As she goes through candles as much as milk, she's begun to stock up on more affordable brands such as Primark and Lily Flame... cheap and cheerful! If you're on a budget this Christmas, these are sweet little gifts that won't break the bank.

There are certain rituals I follow to get into the writing mood and lighting candles is one of them. A glass of red is another, as Hemingway said: write drunk, edit sober.

Finally, as I was queueing up I grabbed some last minute essentials. I appeased my inner eight year old with some Disney princess wrapping paper and bought 60 hair bobbles for a £1. That almost screams student more than this time I was at a flat party where empty pot noodle pots were used as cups... I think that was the same night I used a towel as a quilt. 

I'm going to go light a candle and thank a higher power that
I'm no longer a fresher!

What's your favourite part of December?