Wednesday 31 December 2014

2night I'm gonna party like it's 1999!

Hello Petals, me again!

I read yesterday on timehop that Beyoncé's Single Ladies was #1 six years ago today, can you believe that?! I can't believe it's the last day of 2014, let alone six years since I memorised Queen B's choreography.

It's been an incredible year full of countless adventures whilst city hopping with new and old friends. I'm already eager to see what 2015 has to offer! As soon as I post this, I'm going to pour myself a glass of red, start my NYE playlist, then make my way to my high school friends house party!

Before it gets covered in glitter, I'll share my NYE outfit with you! If you need any last minute inspo, my best advice (and the solution to most problems in life) is to Google Studio 54! (I'm currently eight pages deep, gazing at Bianca Jagger with a balloon in one hand and the reins of a white horse in the other... see I now know exactly what I'm going to wear, magic!)

I've opted for this bold Henry Holland dress, full of the love-birds from True Romance (one hell of a film) and funky scribbles by Hattie Stewart!

Sticking with the Tarantino theme, I'm also wearing Urban Decay's Mia Wallace lipstick from their Pulp Fiction limited edition range - although I think their marketing team missed a great opportunity to name it Ketchup instead! I do love though that Ezekiel 25 17 is embossed on the inner box...

Due to the current Arctic weather here in Manchester, I've also teamed this dress with thick tights and my black fuzzy Topshop coat. I'll also just throw on my yellow chucks... my dancing shoes!

As it's new years eve, I might go a little nuts with one of these... still deciding which to use! Should I dye the tips of my hair blue again? Adorn my eyes with diamantes? Or go full 90's with body glitter? If you want some last minute makeup ideas, check out my 'quirky makeup tricks' blog post!

New Year’s Eve Slumber Grand Central Station 1969

If you're staying in tonight, catch Jools Holland's annual Hootenanny (calling all Paolo Nutini lovers), bake the chocolatiest recipe you can find (I recommend Lily's brookies) & watch classic NYE flicks!

Yesterday, I went fot the double whammy and watched Bridget Jones's Diary and When Harry Met Sally - each for the zillionth time - and felt all fuzzy inside. If, however, your love life is a little south at the moment, do not watch these... stick to the Hootenanny!
(There's a sentence I never thought I'd type.)

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. - When Harry Met Sally.

As for resolutions, mine is the same as it was two years ago, be more like Stevie Nicks! In fact, I also hope that this year I won't wake up with a wonky haircut (long story including drunk friends, me adamant DIY bobs at 3am are a good idea and lots of vodka).

In the words of Lena Dunham...
Have a very Beyoncé new year!

DON'T FORGET TO DANCE YOURSELVES SILLY!


What are your NY resolutions?