Sunday 31 August 2014

Summer Playlist 2014

Even though Autumn technically starts tomorrow, I thought I'd suck the marrow out of Summer and squeeze in this playlist! However, through this post I've realised that my music taste is more eclectic than I thought and not as seasonal. It's more of a a "boppy, yet occasionally glum" playlist...

Listen and let loose!


De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising album just screams summer to me!


... Very closely followed by this gem! IIIIIIII AM EVERYDAY PEOPLE


I see your face in every flower, your eyes in stars above...


And if you don't know, now you know...


This song was HUGE in Greece. Even though it's French, I find myself singing full verses - it's so catchy!


They have laughed inside her laughter.


Wackiest / trippiest / best music video of all time.


I don't speak a word of Brazilian but have been listening to this singer for years, such jovial tunes to nod your head to!


I once had a life, or rather life had me. 
(PLAY ON FULL VOLUME AND FUNK OR DON'T PLAY AT ALL)


It feels sooooo gooOoOoOOoooOod


Imagine me and you, I do.


Closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen.


Terrible song, don't even get me started on the video, but whenever I've had a glass of wine (or two, or three) I live to sing it!


~ LOSE YOURSELF FOR 7 MINUTES. JUST GROOVE! ~


I said her from the city so her got to be witty witty.
She said him from the country so him got to be funky funky.


Who be my Valentine?


How Scandinavian of me.


Got to play our cards.


When this kiss is over, it will start again.


Staple for any Summer (Autumn, Winter, Spring) party playlist


And I'm ready to suffer and I'm ready to hope,
It's a shot in the dark aimed right at my throat.


On se dit qu' a vingt ans on est le roi du monde, et qu' éternellement il y aura dans nos yeux tout le ciel blue.

I'm off to the airport in a couple of hours to create some new memories in some new places. I know what I'll be listening to on the plane...


What songs are on your Summer playlist?