Wednesday 27 August 2014

Summertime and the livin' is easy

Hello Petals, remember me?

MY UNIVERSITY (I'LL NEVER GET TIRED OF SAYING THAT)

My first year of uni was a blur of balancing job commitments, uni assignments and making ends meet. Any pockets of spare time I had was spent either catching up with friends, on sleep or with Netflix. It was all worth it though as I passed and am having an out of body experience as I type that... I actually miss uni life! I think because by nature I'm a rather spontaneous and laid-back person, I do miss the sense of schedule and routine. Having said that, I've just come back from spending the most wild and wonderful five weeks at my family home in Greece; jam packed days of swimming, writing, reading, painting, visiting childhood friends and eating... bliss! If you haven't been following my escapades over on Instagram, here's a little glimpse of my time on the enchanting island of Corfu...

YIAYIA'S HOUSE / HOME SWEET HOME

EXPLORING CAVES & MYTHICAL DREAMS / MUSSELS AND OCTOPUS AND CALAMARI, OH MY! 

WATCHING CINEMA PARADISO UNDER THE STARS / MY OLD PRIMARY SCHOOL

PHILIPPIANS 4:13 / I THINK I'VE REACHED ENLIGHTENMENT 

Maybe it was the Vitamin D, something in the water, or Monday's New Moon but I've come back to Blighty feeling super re-energised and brimming with ideas for posts and future projects. One of my (perhaps overly ambitious) aims for my second year of uni is to get back into the groove of blogging and strive to upload a  minimum of one post a week! Here's hoping...

Hmm, where else have I found myself in the past few months? 
~ Well, I (FINALLY) saw one of my favourite singers, Lykke Li, live at Village Underground in Shoreditch on the night of my last exam... that was a pretty spectacular night. The venue was spot on for her, the intimate Gothic lair created witchy vibes and hauntingly good acoustics!

~ I  discovered Blue Is The Warmest Colour (La Vie d'Adèle) and may or may not have dip dyed my hair blue - anyone who knows me, knows how besotted I am with Léa Seydoux!

~ It's also been a hectic week at The Wyer household as my mum had a launch party for her new business venture 'Bliss by Karen x'. I'll be writing a whole post dedicated to the night within the next few days... I'm still beaming with pride! If you're curious, follow her brand over on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook (Please send her tons and tons of positive vibes!)

RATHER DIE IN YOUR ARMS, THAN DIE LONESOME / COLOUR STATION

Ironically, the final note of this post is to say that I won't actually be able to start putting my endless list of ideas into fruition fully until the middle of September as this Sunday myself and a group of eight friends (the same bunch I went to Prague with last summer) are going InterRailing around Europe for two weeks. Our itinerary so far is Budapest, Warsaw, Berlin and Amsterdam; we'll be crashing in each city for about three days. My ticket arrived in the post this morning and I felt like Charlie Bucket with his golden ticket!

If you want to follow our backpacking adventures, I'll have daily updates on my Instagram and Twitter. Ooo also, if you have any groovy ideas of places for us to eat / drink / visit / in each city do let me know... the more obscure the better!

Buckets of love,