Monday 9 January 2017

January Sales

When it comes to the sales, I'm a bit of a wimp - Ebay bidding wars give me enough of an adrenaline rush, thank you very much. But I wasn't always this way. I can remember when I was a teenager and my dad took me to the flagship Topshop store in Oxford Circus. Just to set the scene, this is a place that hands out free bottles of water - if it's free in London, there's always a catch. After tirelessly rummaging through tat and braving the onslaught of what can only be described as savages (myself included), I finally found my dream leather jacket in my size... JACKPOT. Turns out another lady thought she'd hit the jackpot that day too and totally underestimated this 14 year old green-framed-glasses wearin' Manc!

 Let's just say I earned that leather jacket.


As I work down Macclesfield high street, I couldn't help but pick up a few bits in the January sales and boy oh boy did I find some gems. The first 3 items I actually picked up in the staff room at Marks & Spencer's. Every so often pieces from the sales floor that are slightly faulty get sent upstairs, where us staff can buy them for a fraction of the price + all profits go to our local charity Windyway Trust <3



I do work in the silk town after all ;-) 

I bought this pumpkin coloured crop jumper from New Look for a tenner to wear to my spoons xmas doo. We've rented a karaoke booth in Chinatown, Manchester... the 25th can't come soon enough!


I also picked up this ginormous olive oil shower gel for £8 from The Body Shop. I asked the sales assistant about it - as I'd never seen such a massive bottle before - turns out that they actually have them hidden in the stockroom all year round... all you have to do is ask. Good to know! 


Ok, ok, BUSTED - my birth month is actually November. That jade though! *heart eyes emoji*


Who are you when it comes to the sales ~ Rach or Mon?