Tuesday 17 May 2016

Style Crush #8 Lera Pen

I was scrolling through my drafts recently and noticed a style crush post that I 1/2 wrote back in 2k14 on Ukrainian model Lera Pentelute, which for some unknown reason I didn't put live ~
curiouser and curiouser. 

Lera has modelled for Next/American Apparel/The Reformation, is a USC graduate and in her spare time dabbles in fashion illustration. Here are some of my favourite shots of this mega babe...



As soon as I saw this crimson dress I hopped over to ASOS in hope of finding something similar to take to Greece for the summer. This grungier version is now on its way to me.


The clashing colours on this bomber jacket are killer ~10/10




Anyone else? Just me?




Oh that reminds me ~ I watched Lily Melrose's glitter eyebrows tutorial recently.
Let's just say I can't wait for the next 21st do...


Original style icon.


A witch ought never to be frightened in the darkest forest, Granny Weatherwax had once told her, because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her. - 
Terry Pratchett, Wintersmith



If anyone knows where I can buy this funky forest green coat with daisy sleeves, hook a sista up!


Same goes with these funky earrings...



Lera has also been the muse in some of her boyfriend Korey Dane's music videos...


Here is his haunting rendition of Mazzy Star's Fade Into You, which is featured on the ReLove playlist on kasetophono. If you're curious this is a Greek music station that my friend introduced me to recently. Their website has groovy mixtapes for every occasion from Sunday morning to Tarantino's road trippin.


"Colours your eyes with what's not there." Ugh, this line goes right for the jugular. ðŸ’˜


If you fancy following Lera and her cosmic sketches, you can find her here.


I'm so enamoured with Lera's groovy doodles ~ I'd love to collaborate with her in the (hopefully not so distant) future when I publish my writing and need an illustrator. I adore her offbeat characters and artistic colour choices. Shoot for the stars, folks!




Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?