Saturday 7 May 2016

THE GARDEN CLUB

For as long as I can remember my grandmother has been part of a garden club in Corfu, which consists of fascinating islanders, many of whom are expats, that take it in turn on a fortnightly basis to visit each others lush gardens and host brunch. If I make it in time, I also catch their annual summer supper club.


I tagged along yesterday in between writing assignments - hey, beats the study breaks I take in Greenwich, which largely consists of chain smoking opposite the Cutty Sark and grubbing on Greggs #classy. Anywho, here are some shots from dear Luus and Stelios' lavish villa in Káto Korakiána.

We out here



It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important. // 
The Little Prince • Antoine De Saint-Exupéry




Bring specific flowers I will not know the names of 
As you already have and already will and already do // Bernadette Mayer






In the Dutch words of Luus herself, what a lekker afternoon!!