Wednesday 2 November 2016

#GetItOffYourChest

Some of you may of noticed throughout October that my blog had a wee revamp. In support of breast cancer awareness month, I redesigned my header 


It was so heartwarming seeing brands and local shops doing their bit to raise money and encourage ladies + MEN to regularly check their bodies! For instance, my dad's local barbers swapped their salon capes for bright pink ones. I've mentioned before how I'm subscribed to Coppafeel who frequently send text reminders to check myself. I can't recommend signing up to their incredible free service enough!!

1 / 2 / 3

There are endless ways you can get involved: organise a bake sale, a sponsored run, or simply sport a pink ribbon. I also encourage you to incorporate the charity into your work ~ utilise your notice board! One of my jobs is working as a barista at my local M&S cafe ~ each coffee comes with a free shortbread on the saucer. Now if it was up to me, I'd swap it for a pink panther wafer throughout October. Or simply add a few drops of fuchsia dye to the original recipe. In fact, I might just write a letter this afternoon...

Coppafeel have recently launched a campaign where the public are encouraged to speak to someone about anything that crops up that isn't their normal: go to your GP, get it off your chest! To prompt dialogue, they're also asking us to share how we get things off our chest. Whenever I'm in a funk, I either go for a walk along the canals with my family, or watch old reruns of my favourite Greek soap, Είσαι το Ταίρι μου.


Since we're talking about cancer, it'd be a shame to miss an opportunity to touch on smoking. For the past three years, I've been a social smoker and it's not something I'm proud of. It was actually this time 3 years ago that I had my first cigarette, as I had just began uni and was struggling to find a stress reliever. If there's any freshers reading, I implore you to resist the urge to light up as it's a slippery slope. If you're looking for a way to unwind, sign up to Netflix. I also get that you may want to fit in or rebel, but trust me the coolest part in Grease is when Sandy puts out the cig anyway.



Feel your way...