Monday 4 March 2019

Shining Shimmering Splendid

What a phenomenal year for nostalgia. We've got Dumbo hitting cinemas in March, Aladdin in May, Toy Story 4 in June and Lion King in July! Cor blimey!!!


I can't wait to see Tim Burton's twisted take on Dumbo and his stellar casting of Devito and Thandi Newton's firecracker daughter, Nico. The opening scene of the stork dropping off all the various zoo animal's babies just may be my favourite Disney scene. That being said, the pink elephants scene is equally the most haunting and baby mine most heartbreaking! A roller coaster of emotions and sticky themes aimed at a mighty young audience.





I'm also mega hyped for Aladdin, which alongside Tarzan is my most watched childhood film. Everyone's rhapsodising about the bloke who plays Aladdin over here as he's from Toronto and although Robin Williams is so dear to all of our hearts, I've no doubt that Will Smith will put his own spin on the beloved genie. Also v giddy to see Princess Jasmine come to life... *heart eyes emoji*


As much as I ADORED Toy Story as a child, the way the 3rd film ended was so neat that the announcement of a 4th made me question whether Disney were simply riding the money train - then I discovered it was based on Little Bo-Peep, which sounds both intriguing and dare I say considerate given today's climate.



It's debatable that The Lion King is the most highly anticipated movie and once I read that Beyoncé performed vocals and Hans Zimmer was composing the score, I understood why. Mad props to Glossier btw for immediately ig this shot with Simba's cloud paint shade lol their marketing is always spot on!



Also how hilarious is this carpool scene of the Stark sisters reenacting Hakuna Matata in Sean Bean's strong northern accent - pure gold! There's also talks of a 101 Dalmatians remake in which Emma Stone will play Cruella De Vil - how devilishly delicious!

What ever will be next?