Sunday 4 December 2016

Everybody Knows the Moon's Made of Cheese

As I've spent the afternoon making gift hampers in the run up to Christmas, I thought I'd share my go-to festive films. Feel free to add yours in the comments section ~ as always, the weirder the better!


Wallace + Gromit's A Grand Day Out has to be number one ~ now it may not be a Christmas film per se, however it always seems to be broadcast on boxing day. It's certainly always circled in the Wyer household's RadioTimes. There's actually a regular at my coffee shop who sounds uncannily like Wallace ~ always makes me chuckle when he orders the cheese scone!

*adds cheese monthly magazine subscription to xmas wishlist*

One of my favourite parts of Christmas is dreaming of one day owning my own Rosehill Cottage and reigniting my love for the word gumption. Also how ITV2 seems to have The Holiday on repeat from mid November!


Meet-cute ~ Top Definition: Scenario in which two individuals are brought together in some unlikely, zany, destined-to-fall-in-love-and-be-together-forever sort of way (the more unusual, the better).

My least favourite part of Christmas is Bean the bunny getting hit by a wreath.


It simply isn't Christmas without all gathering together to watch the Muppet Christmas carol.

Practically any Richard Curtis rom-com screams a cosy December night in. Love Actually, Bridget Jones's Diary, Notting Hill... someone pass the maltesers!


Speaking of Christmas traditions, I vividly remember as a child my grandparents driving us all to Blackpool every December to see the illuminations. Followed by a drive back to Manchester all munching chippy in the back seat, of course.


It wasn't until I began working in hospitality that I connected with The Grinch on an emotional level.

Seuss Watch by Paul Hostetler

I remember watching Barbie's The Nutcracker on repeat when I was a lil punk ~ that franchise was huge in Greece!


I implore you all to check your local arthouse cinema listings ~ if you're lucky, they'll be a token It's A Wonderful Life screening this month.


Around this time every year, my high school mates and I gather for our annual Star Wars marathon ~ 
9 days to go until rogue one!!!!




My dear friend is always rhapsodising about an underrated festive film The Family Stone. The cast is pretty killer ~ Diane Keaton, SJP, Claire Danes ~ so I think I'll give it a whirl 2night!


Before I love you and leave you, I thought I'd chuck in a few classic Christmas adverts for good measure. Here are a few of my fave iconic adverts from the archives:




Happy past, present and future Christmas!