Friday 9 December 2016

TREAT YO SELF TWO THOUSAND 'LEEEEEVEN

It's hard to believe that over 3+ years of DBJ I've never posted a Christmas wishlist ~ and I call myself a blogger?! Fingers crossed I'm on the nice list, as my list is gargantuan this year!


Let's begin with the most practical gift: a pen that blows bubbles. My colleague whipped one out the other day and my heart smiled. I'm also pinning for a box of pencils, not just any old pencils, but these ones Roald Dahl remained loyal to. #stationarynerd

A close second on my list is a yard of jaffa cakes. Yes, you read that right.


Being the magpie's daughter that I am, there are a few pieces of jewellery that I have my eye on:



I basically want EVERYTHING from The Great Frog.

Sorry for being extra, but you've got to admit: this is super duper cute.


...Although I still frequently Ebay search this vintage Dia Animado swatch watch, which I've promised myself will one day b mine! 


I have more groovy tote bags than hot dinners.


1 / 2

I also spotted this ace one in my local garden centre:


The planet tote above is from Misaki Kawai x Tiger collection. Pretty much everything from the line is on my imaginary list esp the playing cards + snake puppet oven mitts!




It wouldn't be Christmas without some daft freudian slippers under the tree.


A regular at the coffee shop has been sporting a Loevenich (I HAD to ask where it was from) cloche hat this winter, giving me serious Mrs.Walton vibes and LIFE. I wonder if I could pull one off and channel my inner Buchanan.


This Kurt Geiger backpack is so dreamy + ideal for w/end adventures!

...Although this V&V backpack may rival it!



lol these socks should be issued to everyone working in retail this month #unreasonablecustomers #ifonly.


It's been a long time coming, but I think this winter I'll finally treat myself to this iconic top!


I've heard incredible things about Clarins' Blue Orchid oil, in fact Amelia Liana raves about it in most of her skincare videos. There's only one way to discover if the rumours are true..


How charming is this National Trust King of the Coop mug? *squeals*


How basic of me to include that iconic Coach jumper. Can I live?


& so, my obsession w/ dragonflies grows:


This is my first winter back up north since I graduated and I must say ~ besides my mates and gelato at 4am ~ the thing I miss most about ldn is the wealth of diverse events at your fingertips. I might have to make a cheeky trip back in March for this Talking Heads event!

Having said that, I'm mega proud to live in the North-West and of all the magic that happens where you least expect it. I've heard ace things about The Hope Mill Theatre's production of HAIR *hint hint*.


My camera roll is basically just screenshots of unnecessary things I don't need.



This Christopher Kane bag is freaking adorable!


If you haven't already heard of the Hogarth Shakespeare instalments, you're in for a treat! Basically authors rewrite classic Shakespeare plays ~ genius right? The latest is none other than Margaret Atwood tackling one of my favourites, The Tempest! According to The Metro, the wacky novel "...blows layers of dust off the play while asking clever questions about the relationship between power, delusion and creativity." I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON IT!!!!


For a while now, I've been on the hunt for a green leather jacket à la Daria.


I recently heard about the cake tasting club ~ now that's a club I wanna b apart of! Apparently this month's box comes with a Christmas cracker hat <3


I'm in the market for a new iPhone case and srsly regret not buying this Totoro one when I swung by Tokyotoys Manga store in Glasgow back in September! #CARRYONMYWAYWARDSON #THEYLLBEPEACEWHENYOUAREDONE #LAYYOURWEARYHEADTOREST #DONTYOUCRYNOMORE


A girl can dream...


I think these ASOS red fuzzy loafers are more within my budget  ~ also minus Gucci's kangaroo fur >:(


Charlotte Simone is best known for her iconic Popsicle stole, but it's her sass cap that has my heart!


I've been pond-ering (I'm so punny) getting a few fish recently ~ I know, I know, fish are for life, not just for Christmas ~ but I'm not sure where to begin. If any of you own fish, please leave some advice below for this newb. Cheers in advance!


I've noticed recently that my well-loved green suede boots are getting a little scuffed. I'll take any excuse for some new arrivals...

H & M / Coach


Christmas jumper day is fast approaching (16th) and I'm still looking for the one. I don't think any will top this Joules gem from a few winters ago...


I came across this on Tumblr and lol'ed for a good minute!


I'm LOVING the return of ruffles and gingham ~ getting me all giddy for spring!


I can't sleep without my beloved eye mask #diva #extra
How delightful is this silk Jessica Russell Flint mask?


The blogosphere has gone doolally lately over THAT PVC Alexa Chung x Marks & Spencer's mac! I'm pretty tempted to make use of my staff discount ~ not gonna lie, I've definitely tried it on during my lunch break twice already this week...


The only thing holding me back is its striking resemblance to Frau Farbissina's coat:


PINGU JUMPER? ABSO-BLOODY-LUTELY!!!



There is always time for tea.


How adorable are these Donald Duck kicks?


+ Finally, M&S have a limited edition winter spiced porter brewed by Meantime Brewing Co in Greenwich that I feel obligated to try! #SErepresent :P

What's on your Christmas list, puddings?