Tuesday 20 December 2016

The Earth, Like The Heart, Slopes In Its Seat

It's been a funny old week ~ in fact, it kicked off with a gentleman forgetting his unicycle at the pub and went from there really. It wasn't until I looked at the calendar that everything began to make sense ~ tomorrow is the winter solstice.

Crumb

I usually celebrate by gathering with my girlfriends and our mass exodus of crystals ~ it's a great opportunity to reflect and touch base with our auras. Last winter I made a pilgrimage to my favourite astrology shop in covent garden with my bff to stock up on sage. I discovered the package under my bed this morning, along with a lion bar that went off two years ago ~ I hope that's not a bad omen.

Takato Yamamoto

I'll be burning this sucker tomorrow evening as they're part of an energy cleansing ritual. I'll also be smudging my new flat, which has been a long time coming. 


We have an ace selection of sherbet crystals @ the sweet shop, which have been selling like hot cakes. To this day I'm still puzzled when customers request kali, turns out that's what brummie folks call sherbet. My guilty pleasure is rolling ice cream in this glorious moon dust ~ nothing quite like a volcano! I wonder if asking the ice cream man for a volcano is a northern thing?


It's fascinating chatting to customers about the history of sweets in their corners of the world. It's equally hilarious when I'm making pick n mix bags for kids and you get a glimpse into their wacky imagination ~ most call foam shrimps ballet shoes, how adorable?!


I made a batch of rainbow crystal jars aptly named nature's new year in ode of the WS.

Busy saving the world ;-)

 However you choose to celebrate, I hope you'll be standing in the light of who you are.

Hail the returning, triumphant sun!




P.S: Don't forget to charge your crystals!