Wednesday 7 December 2016

Sign Your 'X' On The Line

As the big day draws closer, it's getting harder to avoid the onslaught of Christmas songs. Whether they're blaring in Tesco, your co-worker becomes Buddy the Elf overnight (you think you know people)*, or your local DJ sneaks them in before declaring last orders. Sooner or later, you just have to surrender to the music and enter the marshmallow world. 


A bunch of festive themed ales have just hit our pub which is making me dead giddy! 

Plum pudding is the cat's pyjamas!

One of the good things about working at spoons during Christmas is that we don't play music ~ it's the one job where I can escape Bublé (+ keep my sanity intact). I know, I know, bah humbug! 

Here are some festive classics to tap your feet to, to keep you company whilst you're doing the pots, or to be used as wrapping fuel! My beloved Nat King Cole has barely left my record player.


Put some records on while I pour


Remembering this underrated gem comes in handy when the annual xmas pub quiz rolls round and other teams can only ReEecCcCaAwWwLL 8/9 reindeer ;-)







I love how I can match the specific point of the song to this gif. I think I've seen Nina's immaculate performance too many times.











I still get tingles watching Kirsty Almeida & the Troubadours' enchanting cover!








A sea of Santas at Euston // December 2014











Have I forgotten any?



* Oh, who am I kidding? This is so me and I can't even deny it:

Beyonsleigh.