Saturday 30 August 2014

Style Crush #4 Alexa Chung

Good morning Petals :-)

I know what you're thinking: Mary Kate and Ashley yesterday, Alexa Chung today... how predictable. However, there is a method to my madness. I figured as I started my style crush series with more obscure fashionistas such as Miroslava Duma and Margherita Maccapani Missoni, it's time to go back to the basics. I'm craving the icons.

Gracing the cover of Glamour Italia / April 2014 

Everyone and their Grandma seem to be head over heels in love with Alexa Chung, well how can you not be? She's what I like to call a triple threat: genuinely talented, has impeccable style and has her head in the sky but feet (firmly) on the ground! The blogosphere went cuckoo when she released her highly anticipated book 'It' ~ brimming with musings, doodles and candid photographs

Alexa is in many ways as much famous for her presenting work as she is for her trademark Parisian 60's style (think more Jane Birkin, less yé-yé girls). However, for this post I've mostly chosen my favourite outifts of hers where she's stepping out of her Birkin bubble (as chic and classic as it is) and delving further into the fashion abyss. Is there anything this lady can't pull of? No, seriously...



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ruffles, ruffles and more ruffles!

On her way to the New York book signing of 'It'.


I've just stumbled upon this gem... Poppy Delevingne's boots are cosmic!

If I had the cloak of invisibility, the first thing I would do is raid Alexa Chung's wardrobe! (I hope she has size 4 shoes)

This has to be my favourite candid shot of Alexa for numerous reasons:
1. She's wearing her ex-boyfriends band top.
2. There are red ballet shoes tied to her handbag.
3. She's wearing a slick of red lipstick.
4. She's strolling through New York City.

London fashion week front row attire. 


 Be still my beating heart.

If you had Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility, whose wardrobe would you make a beeline for?