Friday 29 August 2014

Under the Microscope: Juergen Teller

Happy Friday Petals :-)

I was planning on writing a wee post on my favourite photographer but realised that I'm far too indecisive to pin point just one - I'm so indecisive I often mix my cheerios with coco pops! Instead, I thought it'd be more fun to create a new series called *jazz hands* 'Under the Microscope'. I'll get the ball rolling with quirky, German fashion photographer: Juergen Teller. Whenever I'm flicking through magazines or scrolling down Tumblr and an image strikes me, nine times out of ten it says his name beneath! His photos are so iconic, intimate and transport me into a world of endless possibilities! 

It's taken me about two hours and four cups of tea to narrow down my top favourite snaps... feast your eyes on these!

BJÖRK AND HER SON SINDRI, 1993

DAISY LOWE

One of my favourite photo shoots of his is called 'The Magic Show' from 1994 and surprisingly features no celebrities, just a young girl with eccentric accessories and piercing eyes...
"Diamante horns from Portobello Market, London..."

KATE MOSS, VOGUE 2003

SOFIA COPPOLA & MARC JACOBS

KATE MOSS

I love Margherita Maccapani Missoni so much I wrote an entire blog post about her zany, kooky fashion sense!

KARLIE KLOSS

KIRSTEN DUNST, W MAGAZINE 2014

MARION COTILLARD, W MAGAZINE 2013

SELF PORTRAIT WITH HIS SON ED

DARIA WERBOWY

KATE MOSS, VOGUE 2003

You've probably noticed by now Jeurgen's trademark bright filter and a recurring model, Kate Moss! Over the years, the duo have had countless photo shoots (both professional and intimate) and it shows with Kate's relaxed energy. I also love how the notoriously elusive model allows him to capture candid moments with her daughter, Lila Grace - it's these personal snaps that remain my favourite of her...




Once I've settled into my new accommodation at uni, I want to frame these three Gothic shots - they just speak to me...

 BJÖRK, 2007

CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG

Whilst getting my Inspector Gadget on and researching the ins and outs of Juergen Teller, I stumbled upon this fascinating article with musings behind some of his most renowned photographs! 

Which photographers inspire you?