Friday 3 March 2017

A Face Is Like A Work Of Art. It Deserves A Great Frame.

I've been putting off a trip to the opticians for years. Utterly ridiculous, I know - but I wouldn't wish trying on countless pairs of specs, in front of the entire town, on my worst enemy. Up until recently, I'd somehow managed to get by having only braved it once. Mind you, that was back when I was a teen and thought that I could pull off chartreuse coloured frames. Why did nobody stop me?

Anyway - I finally bit the bullet last month and popped by the Macclesfield Specsavers branch. 


I was immediately struck by the abundance of staff and soon greeted by a friendly face, a chap called Craig. As cheesy as it sounds, we gelled instantly and I genuinely felt like I was shopping with a pal. The first pair I tried on was these groovy Moschino frames à la Anita Radcliffe - which were the reason I'd gone to Specsavers in the first place. 



Trying them on was a total anticlimax and Craig was the first to say it - ironically, that was when his customer service skills won me over. It's so refreshing when sales assistants give their honest opinion! Eventually I settled on these pairs, which fell under their 2for1 offer. I also opted for anti glare, so driving with them won't be a hassle. I should probably get my license first though lol.



There was one particular part of the process which was pretty neat. Craig took a close up photo of me wearing both frames and then connected specific dots to my pupils. This way each pair of glasses is catered to the individual customer.

Χάι τεκ! :P

Since my visit, Kylie (Minogue, not Jenner - thank you very much) has launched a range with Specsavers. Her rose tortoiseshell pair in particular are calling me...



If you too have been dodging the opticians, here's some eyecandy *ba dum tss* to entice you:



Elton John's glorious Glasses Collection




The Queen of glasses, let's b real.




Elvis' upside-down-glasses gag never gets old.


Which frame shape is your favourite?