Monday 16 November 2015

Meeting Estée Lalonde at The Body Shop (!!!!)


As I'm sure you know by now, I'm an avid Youtuber and have been a loyal fan of Estée Lalonde for almost three years. So when Estée announced that she was teaming up with The Body Shop to release a limited edition Nail Art Kit and that she was having a launch/meet up at their Oxford St store, I jumped at the chance to go along. I followed the competition rules, although I knew it was a shot in the dark considering she has over one million subscribers and yet there'd be just 80 winners.

 Low and behold I received an email from The Body Shop's PR team congratulating me that I'd won a spot to the launch ~ I was seriously freaking out to the point that my hands were shaking! The email said that I could take a plus one, so I immediately rang my cousin Vicky, who also has a rad blog and YT channel, as I knew she loved Estée just as much as I do!


Fast forward to last Wednesday when I caught the train to London for the event. I met my cousin for a spot of pizza at Franco Manca which was otherworldly ~ I ordered the number 4 (ham, mozzarella, mushrooms and ricotta) for anyone drooling over this ^ majestic pizza! We then walked to The Body Shop and spotted Aslan though the windows, the store had a lock in with its earlier guests as the evening was split into two slots.
 

Eventually it was our turn and to no surprise, we were keen beans and first in line. Before long, we passed the guest list and were rubbing shoulders with bloggers, grubbing on canapé's and supermarket sweepin' ~ guests had a whopping 40% off everything in store, which was amazing for stocking up on early Christmas presents!
 
 
The event was an hour and what a magical / surreal hour it was ~ my cousin and I actually managed to chat with the lady herself for a good five minutes, we talked all things pizza and crystals ~ I also tried my best to persuade her to do vlogmas!
 
 <3 <3 <3

It was fascinating to discover during her speech that she actually used to work at the Body shop ~ isn't it amazing how things tend to come full circle in life? It was a delight to get the opportunity to meet Estée and see how humble and hysterical she is off camera too, what a woman!
 
A lovely photographer took some candid polaroid snaps of us chatting away and gave them to us afterwards as an endearing souvenir which I'll cherish! Estée was also kind enough to sign one for me ^_^
 
 

I ended up picking up the exclusive nail art kit which came with a wicked goody bag worth £45! Here's the gems within...
 
 
 
I've spent the weekend getting creative with the nail art kit, my favourite is the half moon and dotty designs ~ here's Estée's tutorial for anyone interested! It's also wonderful to know that proceeds of the product are going towards safe drinking water for families in Ethiopia, as The Body Shop have also collaborated with Water Aid.

 

They say don't meet your idols... I say shop with them!