Monday 2 November 2015

Style Crush #007 Elektra King

To celebrate the release of the upcoming Bond movie Spectre, I thought I'd dedicate a #stylecrush to the franchise's best dressed character: Elektra King. I almost gave the crown to Melina for her role in For Your Eyes Only, but as it's set in Corfu I may be a little biased.


I remember watching The World Is Not Enough - Pierce Brosnan will always be my James Bond - and how striking Sophie Marceau's character was. It wasn't just her allure or the way she straddled Bond that entranced me, but her wardrobe. Lindy Hemming at her finest - you may recognise her name as she's also worked her magic to design costumes for Batman, Tomb Raider and Harry Potter!







My favourite thing about Elektra King was how she manipulated the bond girl* stereotype - she was, after all, a villain. For similar reasons, Miranda Frost was also in the line up:


What's your favourite Bond film?



* I can't stand that term. It's 2015, they're not bond girls... they're bond men. Ha! They are WOMEN and are ACTRESSES. Besides - anything men can do, we can do bleeding. ;-)