Saturday 29 November 2014

Brew Break #9 Mini Body Shop Haul

During high school back in my hippie vegetarian days, I used to only use The Body Shop products. My grandmother bought me a book by the founder, Anita Roddick, one Christmas which left a great impression on me. Much like Lush, I really respect the brands ethos such as their no testing on animals policy and 'beauty with heart' motto. It's also quite a sentimental brand for me, as I grew up on a tiny island where there weren't many big brand shops, one of the few being The Body Shop. Once I started my blog back in 2012, I began to branch out and experiment with more expensive brands.

This afternoon I found myself in Bromley to seize the remnants of yesterday's manic Black Friday sales and found myself back in that old familiar olive shop. Although yesterday I didn't brave the shops, I did order some cheeky bargains online and am planning on doing a black Friday blog post, but I was so impressed today that I thought I'd give them a special shout out.

As I have the tendency of going a little cuckoo when shopping, I tend to know what I'm hunting for before I leave to minimise bank damage.

Vitamin E range:


For years, I've massaged Vitamin E oil around my eyes in the evening as I find it helps reduce the dark circles and is incredibly relaxing before Bedfordshire. I've had my eye on the face mist for a while as I loved its rose water scent and thought it would be perfect to keep in my handbag as a stress reliever. *Especially during London rush hour.*

I also picked up from the range their Aqua Boost Sorbet as I've recently been on the lookout for a new night cream. The velvet texture is heavenly and I love the luxury baby pink pot.

Freebies:

It's only been five hours and I've already accidentally dipped my nose too close whilst sniffing the coconuty goodness twice... Oopsy Daisy!

At the counter, I was tempted to buy a loyalty card as upon joining you're given a free 50ml tub of body butter. I opted for the cult classic coconut edition as the scent takes me straight back to those rough Monday mornings and endless pleads of "Muuuum, do I have to go to school?'.

As I was filling in my members form, I was granted to chose anything in the shop worth £5 as it's my birthday month... could this day get any better? It took me a good fifteen, but I eventually settled on this aloe lip care as I can't count the amount of times Estée has raved about it #essiebuttoneffect.

As a side note, it wasn't until I got home and checked my bag that I not only noticed a £10 off my next purchase (when I spend £25) voucher but also a 20% discount code off my first online purchase. These will be ideal for buying last minute Christmas treats for friends and colleagues. I swear I'm not sponsored, I just bloody love The Body Shop!

This afternoon I also found an unbelievable bargain in Boots so keep your eyes peeled as I'll be writing about that tomorrow evening.

Happy Saturday, you lovely lot!