Tuesday 14 February 2017

I Love You From The Bottom Of My Pencil Case

One of my fondest Valentine's day memories is back when my brother and I were in high school and my mum declared her love for us to the entire high street. Back in the day the British Heart Foundation would dedicate their shop window to love notes throughout February and that year my mum paid for one proclaiming her love for BILLY & DAISY. Now those names aren't exactly common and I remember being mortified when I spotted it. It's only now as an adult that I can truly appreciate it. <3 <3 <3

Here's a mood board to fit the grotesquely charming emotion that today celebrates.
The ecstasy that is love - an addicts horror, an addicts delight.

A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence by Roy Andersson

Soviet design purple vintage analog phone






I've been exposed.

Disgust me please!

Gilbert Garcin: Union, 2001.






Summer kisses, winter tears - that's what she gave to me; ...happy hours, lonely years. / Elvis









Traffic lights in Vienna

Charles Santore

Don't fall for the sunk cost fallacy.





I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again.
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)
// Mad girl's love song - Sylvia Plath




Dwight my heart is yours.




the nervE

Durrell Wildlife Park

Roland Topor

Desire as round as peaches bloom in me all night, I no longer gather what falls. / Anne Carson




I am aware, sure, I am aware. Catastrophically aware. / Sylvia Plath


These two identical, adjacent, battery-operated clocks were initially set to the same time, but, with time, they will inevitably fall out of sync. / Untitled (Perfect Lover), 1991, by Félix González-Torres




The Lovers II, 1928 by Rene Magritte

The dark has a sound like someone has fooled you. Someone has fooled you. / Lisa Ciccarello, At Night

Andoni Beristain

Impulsive by Ron Hicks.


The Importance of Being Ernest / Oscar Wilde 


It me.




If this piece by Ian Pollock doesn't have a title - I suggest jealousy.



DK's husband's face mask in Baby Boom is everything.



Dream V DAY costume courtesy of YSL:


Inspired by Gossamer and Lydia Deetz ;-)



There is only one thing more painful than learning from experience, and that is not learning from experience. / Archibald Macleish


I hope you have a peachy Valentine's day ~let's be gross!