Wednesday 1 February 2017

Kalo Mina #9 THE FEAST OF ST. VALENTINE

As my mum and I were walking through the backstreets of Corfu town last summer, we stumbled upon a traditional Greek orthodox wedding. It whisked me right back to 2000 when I was a bridesmaid at our family friends Mixalis and Necteria's wedding at St. Spyridon church. Nostalgia overload!


February and Valentine's day go hand in hand, so I thought I'd share a few of my favourite lines dedicated to that funny thing we call love:

To love is so startling it leaves little time for anything else. // Emily Dickinson

If equal affection cannot be, let the more loving one be me. // W. H. Auden

The devil hath power t' assume a pleasing shape. // Shakespeare: Hamlet: Act 2, Scene 2,

Journeys end in lovers meeting. // Shakespeare: Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene III

The high luxury of not having to explain… // Virginia Woolf, from a diary entry