Saturday 18 October 2014

Brew Break #6 Quirky Makeup Ideas

I thought since it's the weekend and Saturday night fever's in the air, I'd quickly share some quirky make-up ideas. I've recently come across so many jazzy inspirations, mostly on Tumblr, so decided to start bookmarking them.

Pour yourself a glass of wine (Dutch courage), crank up Destiny's Child Greatest Hits, grab your make-up bag (or paint palette)
and take a walk on the wild side!

Are you ready for this jelly?

Ziggy Stardust vibes.

Try filling your eyebrows in with eye-shadow for a pop of colour.
I'm enamoured with the offbeat lady who frequently visited Marina Abramovic's 'The Artist is Present'. Coloured eyebrows, tick. Gothic lipstick, tick, Cosmic hair, tick. 

This trick is by far my favourite as it's so subtle and often finds itself in my daily make-up routine. Just tactfully dab your mascara wand under each eye and bob's your uncle!

Rock on Gold Dust woman...

When in doubt, add glitter.

LOVED the dotted rosy cheeks down the Vivienne Westwood SS15 catwalk...

Definitely going to be painting daisies during festival season next year...

Bumble & Bumble's hair chalk canisters are calling me...

And when all else fails, listen to Janis...

Il faut faire aujourd'hui ce que tout le monde fera demain.
Do today what everyone else will do tomorrow.
- Jean Cocteau


Is my vibe too vibalacious for ya babe?