Saturday 11 October 2014

Brew Break #5 L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipsticks

All week I've been scouring different Boots branches in search of L'Oreal Colour Riche's new red & nude lipstick collections. Both lines feature the perfect shades for a range of celebrities with different skin tones. 

I FINALLY managed to get my hands on them whilst killing time between lectures at the mini Boots in Greenwich. After an eternity of swatching, re-swatching, umming and ahhing (it's laughable how serious I take my lipsticks), I finally settled on these three...


Originally at the top of my list, was Julianne’s Red as it's Vivianna Does Make-Up favourite. However, the colour doesn't really suit my skin tone, I much preferred Blake's (left) and Eva's (right).

I also picked up J Lo's nude for FREE (don't worry, it wasn't five finger discount), as I've had my eye out for a new 'my lips but better'. I was waiting for an email from Mac to let me know when my dream shade is back in stock, but then the universe brought this into my line of vision. Behold...

My iPhone camera doesn't do this shade justice, trust me it's everything you want it to be and more! This is now glued to the bottom of my handbag as it's perfect for when I'm on the go, you don't even need a mirror to apply!


I'm so in love with these new additions to my ever growing (seriously, it's like the monster from The Little Shop of Horrors) lipstick collection and can't recommend them enough. Also, the L'Oreal counter in Boots currently has a 3 for 2 promotion. Can you believe I bought all three for under £14! (Bare in mind ONE Mac lipstick is £15 nowadays!) I also think the bullet is really chic and luxurious considering it's a drug store brand.

Anyway, before I get into the whole Mac lipsticks used to be £12.50 and Freddo's 10p tangent, I'll be on my merry way!

Happy Saturday Petals!