Thursday 16 October 2014

Lykke Li & Other Stories

On the night of my last exam back in May, I celebrated by going to see Lykke Li at Village Underground in Shoreditch. For the last few years, I've devoured her albums over and over again and know every intonation. The night was incredible and Lykke Li as ethereal as you're led to believe. Half of her allure is not only her gut wrenching lyrics but her stage persona; think Stevie Nicks meets Wednesday Addams. 



When I heard that she recently collaborated with one of my favourite brands & Other Stories, I was beaming. Not only is her "wilfully simple" twenty three piece collection oozing Scandi Chic, but it's also reasonably priced. 


These are my favourite pieces, although I'd quite happily buy them all...

In the last few weeks, I've seen her collection crop up in many articles and it's refreshing how involved Lykke Li was with the creative process, which I really think translates. I also love the androgynous edge to her creative vision, here's her thoughts "This collection will be my uniform until the day I die, from hotel slippers and loafers, to cigarette pants and the perfect blazer, to the cashmere sweater and the silk shirt. You get the point, be the man you want to marry!’"


The Swedish singers stance on fashion is so charming, whilst speaking of the statement loafers in her line, she retorts "heels can ruin the perfect party but in these I can run fast - and you hear that click when you walk."


As you can see, the monochrome capsule encaptures her loyalty to black. In her words she wears black "to look invisible and blend in. What I want you to see is my soul and eyes." Her début collection is also inspired by nomads and one of her favourite quotes by Tolkien, "not all those who wander are lost." To stick with the gypsy theme, the dainty jewellery has nomad symbols on which I absolutely adore.


If you haven't lost yourself in Lykke Li's dreamy and infectious performances before, there's no time like the present...



'Lykke Li Live on the Moon' is definitely worth checking out!




Her music videos directed by Tarik Saleh are so ambiguous and obscure... in other words, brilliant!


I could go on all day...