Saturday 25 October 2014

Brew Break #8 UO Nail Polishes

I have a confession to make. When it comes to buying beauty products, I often get hypnotised into buying items for their name alone (more often than I'd care to admit). Maybe it's because I used to work in marketing, but give me a lipstick with a quirky name and dainty packaging and I'm hook, line & sinker!

 I know, I know, "that which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet", but I can't help it; If I saw Charlotte Tilbury's Hepburn Honey & Armani #400 side by side, there's no doubt which one I'd gravitate towards.


If you're a closet marketing junkie too, I've found our kryptonite... Urban Outfitter's nail polishes! Now luckily for me, the formulas are actually really great which cushions the blow. They also generally only need one coat, dry super quick and are around £4 a pop.


I'll start with my favourite: Prince. Now any die hard Prince fan, like myself, knows that if Prince were a colour, he'd be purple and this polish does his purple army proud! I actually quite like that this shade leans more towards raspberry beret than purple rain as it's more offbeat. I'm really looking forward to using this in the winter!


The next shade I went for was this iridescent green / blue hue. I recently heard The Little Magpie rave about glitter nail polishes and who doesn't want disco balls at their fingertips? I also love that it's named after the Sci-Fi comedy TV series Firefly... I actually considered going as Inara Serra for Halloween! Word to the wise, it's a bitch bugger to get off!




The final colour I opted for is the colour I've been rocking all month to set the tone, Wednesday. Aptly named after one of my first ever style icons (when I went through my witch phase, don't ask) Wednesday Addams. This is the first matte nail polish I've ever tried and I'm seriously impressed! I was a little hesitant to buy it, as I was worried it would set like a chalk board (which makes me cringe) but it looks really chic and has been radiating serious Halloween vibes.


What's your favourite name of a beauty product you've ever purchased?