Monday 6 October 2014

Youtube Video: 1 Island 6 Cities 2 Months

Good evening Petals!

During my summer travels, I took a lot (and I mean a lot) of photos. I love capturing each countries essence, be it by their grand cathedrals or the cobbles on the street. It's all about discovering each cities idiosyncrasies and adapting yourself to their culture. One of my favourite travel quotes is by Robert Louis Stevenson:

 There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign.

 Whilst I was backing up my iPhone over the weekend, I realised that I'd also recorded quite a lot of short videos. I thought it'd be a fun project to edit all the mini candid clips together and see what happens...

Here's the final cut!
MATTHIAS CHURCH, BUDAPEST / EAST SIDE GALLERY, BERLIN / U-BAHN, BERLIN

It didn't turn out too much of a dogs dinner (I hope), so I thought I'd share it with you! Although after being a Redditor for almost three years and seeing insentient jokes about how irritating it is when people record vertically, I realised that... every single shot I recorded is vertical *widens eyes*. I can't tell you the amount of times I've internally yelled "hold your phone sideways, you maniac" to my past self in the last 24 hours. Ah well, you live and learn!

If anyone's curious, I'm not actually in this video as I'm the one holding the camera... although you can probably here me belting 10 CC and laughing like a buffoon. Not to worry, as you'll be seeing a bit more of me in the not so distant future! I'm going to leave it at that and be all elusive *swirls arms à la Phoebe Buffay* (is it working?)