Monday 26 October 2015

Bibbidi-Bobbidi Bits & Bobs #11

My nomadic lifestyle means ample time on trains getting lost in books/internet black holes and discovering weird and wonderful things. Here's a hodgepodge of bits and bobs that have caught my eye recently... 

A haunting/macabre video has been floating around the web recently of two young lads driving 90mph and meeting their demise. It's such a harrowing and heartbreaking video which has marred my mind. If you're not comfortable watching that, I implore you to watch this:

The Convincer convinces people to drive safely by
 "simulating" a 5 mph car accident...

On a lighter note, you may have heard the hype about Nickelodeon's new channel which will be dedicated entirely to 90's cartoons. As amazing as this is, fellow cyberjunkies out there like me will already know about Nick Reboot. I have a hunch I may have mentioned this on my blog before, but it's basically a website that constantly streams 90's Nick cartoons ~ on days when I'm hung to the over, or can't sleep at 4am, I flick it on and get lost in episodes of The Fairly Oddparents... just me?

If that's up your street, you'll lose your shit at my 70s / 80s90s TV!

As Fresher's week was recently, I thought I'd share this poignant Buzzfeed post (there's something I never thought I'd say). A bunch of graduates were asked "what is the one thing you wish you'd known as fresher?"

"Experiment. Also, you can steal all your condiments from Wetherspoon’s.”

If you're looking for Halloween inspo, check out these Illamasqua tutorials ~ I particularly love the feline and day of the dead looks!

These photographs from Marion Cotillard's Porter cover shoot are breathtaking. Hands down my favourite editorial of the year...


My cosmic friend Hala from Nutrition Rocks recently shared Caffè sospeso:
What a heart warming act of kindness ~
 it's so enriching to live with a giving heart!

How charming is this limited edition aero bar designed by Matthew Williamson? This is the closest I'll be getting to designer gear any time soon!

Since seeing Wish You Were Here at the cinema last week (go see it with your gal pal <3), my love for Drew Barrymore has been reignited. I love this clip of her sharing her pearls of wisdom on 90's make up...
Her TipTuesdays are actually super fun, I just wish her flower cosmetics were available across the pond!

I simply must share this magical rendition of Funny Girl's Don't Rain On My Parade by my wildly talented cousin Vicky, who just so happens to have a marvellous blog too ~ talk about burning the candle at both ends!


Although it's Monday, I thought I'd share a rather humongous Wednesday Wishlist (lol scheduling issues). I don't know if you've noticed but most shops have giant sales on at the mo which are really testing my restraint ~ here's what's chilling in my online baskets...


Urban Outfitters:


1. This polka dot Adidas Adisas tank - which is part of Pharrell's collab - is too cute for words. Anyway, who doesn't want to look like a ladybird? 2. There's something so kitsch about tea towels with cocktail recipes on! 3. This gem needs no explanation. 4. This Agate notebook would make 9am lectures a wee more bearable. 5. My love for Fila gets stronger by the day. 6. I may be on the verge of 21, but reindeer nighties will never go out of style. 7. I've been dying to get my hands on this issue! 8. I think these typography mugs are the cat's pyjamas! Great idea for a secret santa prezzie! 

Topshop:


1. These ghoulish shoes are not only freaking adorable, but look identical to Charlotte Olympia's! 2. Sticking with the Halloween theme, how cute are these bat socks?! BTW trick or treaters, rejoice as Gregg's annual bat biscuits are back! 3. A mug after my own northerner heart! 4. Vogue may be out of my student budget, but Léa Seydoux changes everything. 5. I've wanted a veil beanie hat for over a year! I think it's about time I bit the bullet, don't you agree? ;-) 6. You can never own enough pom pom keyrings!

H&M:


1. These velvet flares have my name written on them! 2. I love the idea of humming Chic whilst sipping my morning coffee. If I had my own flat, I'd buy ten of these mugs! 3. Same goes with this hysterically honest book end. I think every writer needs this ;-) 4/5. H&M's Halloween section is seriously impressive this year, I especially love the bunny ears which are slightly reminiscent of Louis Vuitton's iconic  F/W 2009 ears...


H&M just so happen to also have this adorable bunny blouse in at the mo which I just have to get my mitts/paws on...

I also spotted this COSMIC pom pom hat that I adore! It's similar to the one I recently saw ASOS' Megan sporting and is a monochrome version of the one my girl crush Neelam Gill has been rocking <3



Forever 21:


1. I LOVE the idea of mixing in planets with the whole cliché 'LONDON BERLIN TOKYO' graphic tee trend. 2/3. I may have never visited Louisiana/Alabama, but I love the garish colours and overall sassiness of these loud beanies! 4/5. There's something so oh là là and chic about these pouches.

Zara:

1. I like how old school this text graphic tee is, also bonus that the text looks like it was sent by Prince 2/3. You can always rely on Zara for some quirky statement necklaces ~ these two are particularly dreamy!

Disney Store:


The pièce de résistance *drum roll*...

Before you ask, YES I'm aware that Halloween hasn't even passed and yet I'm lusting over Christmas decorations in October. Yup, I'm that person who whistles carols in August and identifies with Buddy the Elf and... I'm ok with that! Anyway, here are some enchanting/hilarious baubles that appease my inner eight year old.

1 / 2

I thought I'd chuck in a couple of mugs too for good measure! Don't you just love the juxtaposition?

George @ Asda:



Bloggers seem to be going nuts for H&M's marble trays, but I'm really digging this constellation range. I also just wanted to remind everyone that as Halloween's coming up, black lipsticks, fairy dust, wigs and all sorts of goodies are super cheap... stock up!


What has caught your eye lately?