Saturday 10 October 2015

World Mental Health Day

High school, as for most folks, was pretty f'king rough. Trust me, the F bomb is warranted. Luckily my mum dragged me to regular CAMHS sessions with my beloved counsellor Gwendoline which helped tremendously. My teachers were also well aware of my struggles with my mental health. I'll always remember my head of house once ssaying a problem shared is a problem halved. Boy was she right.





Alan Watts has some exceptionally good lectures on mental health. John Cleese and his therapist also wrote a book years ago called life and how to survive it which is worth a read.




It gets easier. Everyday it gets easier, but you have to do it everyday - that's the hard part. Sometimes we don't have a choice but to surrender to the moment - and that's also ok.