Wednesday 15 February 2017

Video Killed The Radio Star

Whether it's to drown out your inner monologue, ignite that Friday feeling, or keep you going during all-nighters in the 24hr uni library, there's a radio station for it.

Absolute 90s & Kisstory

Although working on assignments @ 4am is pretty grim, Spice Girls and Miss Dynami-te-he will get you through it.


Kosmos

I once met a fellow Greek whilst hostel hopping in London who introduced me to this ace reggae / jazz / world music station. Ace for when I'm in the mood for a disco nap.

1055 Rock (SKG)

When I visited my childhood BF Amalia in Thessaloniki, we practically lived in my pals Ladadika rock bar, Aduto. When I say we, I mean me. And when I say pal, I mean barman who I've seen more this year than my own family. I listen to this station and am transported back to those wild, wild nights.

Radio X Manchester, Silk & Smooth
The station my brother listens to on his commute, the station my dad listens to on his evening canal strolls and the station constantly playing in my auntie's kitchen. My homesick cures.

Not quite a radio station, but I thought I'd mention Kasetophono. It's pretty big in Greece ~ most cafes use the site to choose various playlists to suit the mood.

We all have those corny radio ads that pinpoint us to a specific region and moment in time.


Which radio jingle sears a hole in your brain?