Wednesday 11 April 2018

Glowed Up

After lusting over Fenty Beauty for months, I finally treated myself to some goodies as I'm heading to Greece soon for my dear friend's wedding and wanna look my best. Alright, there's a chance my ex might be there ~ let's keep it 100.


 I booked for a Fenty face at my local Harvey Nic's in Manchester and was lucky enough to be seen by the flyest MUA Hiba a.k.a my new best friend! The diverse brand focuses primarily on skin and creating a flawless complexion, then comes the fun part w their kaleidoscope shades. They have a ground breaking 40 shades of foundations alone and are cruelty free.


The shade names are also spot on: CHILI MANGO. TROPHY WIFE. YACHT LIFE. CONFETTI.

Slick in midnight wasabi mattemoiselle lipstick.

sinamon / rum / blonde / yacht life / trippin / ridiiic / chili mango / confetti / unicorn


I f w the confetti & unicorn combo that RiRi chose for her Harvey Nics LDN launch night. 

Knightsbridge tube station.

My experience at the HN MNC FB counter was outstanding. I typically wear minimal makeup but spice it up w a bold lip or poppin eyes. Tbh I don't think I've ever worn as much makeup than I did during my makeover but it was fun for change. Here's the list of products <3 Hiba <3 used:

lol @ Hiba hooking me up w her fave false eyelashes and advising me which foundation shade to use depending on my tan. Thank u sis!

It was so liberating to have a MUA who was eager for me to test whichever products I wanted. I told Hiba all about the destination wedding and she was almost as hyped as I was and giving me tips on how to work makeup in warmer climates. The makeup station was unreal, I truly felt like a kid in a sweet shop:

I love the magnetic honeycomb effect of the match stix.


Props to Hiba for beating my face whilst rocking stiletto nails!




In the end I bought two shimmer match stix in chili mango and yacht life. I also bought their mini travel duo which includes a baby glossbomb and mini killawatt highlighter in hu$tla baby.


Although they were a pretty penny, they're mostly multipurpose products. The match stix can be used as blush, eye shadow, eyeliner + lipstick and the highlighter can also be used to make the inner corner of the eyes pop, on top of lips and on the windows to the soul.



The buildable match stix are so pigmented and the gloss is unreal ~ not sticky in the slightest! & don't even get me started on the highlighter, I've never received so many compliments!!!

The brand rocks limited edition products such as their DIRTY THIRTY highlighter in the top selling shade trophy wife. The release was to mark RiRi's 30th birthday:


Trophy wife in action.

Sis is also a big fan of confetti which is next on my hit list.

The launch parties at various Sephora's dotted around Europe look like so much fun. Trophy wife trampolines, glossbomb swings, unicorn carousels. Their body lava which is part of their beach please summer collection that has just dropped is also mad popular.



Duckie's glow though!

Their glitter fairy bomb pom pom is also calling me:

Puff puff, pass, on your titties, on your a$$.


I love Fenty Beauty on the 'gram for serious MOOD inspo esp MUA Priscilla Ono:


Also seeing how other fenty fam around the world rock their fenty face gives me life:






My final thoughts are that Rihanna's inclusive line has exceeded expectations. I can't recommend visiting your local Harvey Nics / Sephora for a make over enough to find out what suits you. Also don't be scared to experiment, particularly w highlighter. In RiRi's words, the best tip for using highlighter is to not be scared of it. Personally, I'm not content unless you can see my highlight from outer space


Get your Fenty face, get your life!