Wednesday 28 January 2015

Bibbidi-Bobbidi Bits & Bobs #6

Namaste Petals!

I've really been loving the quirky little videos by Vogue that keep popping up in my Youtube subscription feed. My two favourites have to be the ones featuring Sienna Miller and Karlie Kloss!

My favourite English Lit teacher back in high school used to have this mug! :-) That reminds me, I must book tickets for Matilda soon!

Weirdly enough, I was actually featured in Grazia magazine recently for my comments on Sienna's impeccable style, which was pretty surreal!


An honourable mention also goes to Vogue's tour of Kate Moss' abode that went live today, which features a unicorn doorstop and a fig tree at the bottom of her garden... of course. I even read in the December issue that in her home she has an original infinity light from Studio 54!
The bunny ears from her infamous Playboy 60th anniversary shoot /
The oldest item in her wardrobe is the Union Jack jacket from John Galliano's SS93 show... I'd personally frame it!

I'm still lusting over the new Burberry SS15 campaign, featuring Naomi Campbell and Jourdan Dunn, shot by none other than Mario Testino! How cosmic are Christopher Bailey's suede take on the cult trenchcoat?!?!?

Here's some favourites from their Beauty and the Beast inspired catwalk...
 Speaking of Burberry, they shot their latest Burberry Acoustic session at my university last week...THE ONE DAY I'M NOT IN! The same happened last year when they were filming Thor in Greenwich. So far, the only thing I have managed to catch is a McDonald's advert. Classy!

As January is slowly, but surely coming to an end, I've noticed lots of retailers online are having colossal sales again, mostly stock clearance. At the same time, they're smoothly transitioning their sites for the changing seasons and Zara's SS15 pieces are (as you'd expect) b-e-a-utiful! 

My favourite pieces from the new collection have to be this paisley jacquard skirt, which I'd style with lots of layers, tights, polo necks and chunky boots! This embellished midnight velvet waistcoat is also something straight out of Professor Sybill Trelawney's wardrobe and therefore something that caught my eye immediately...


There's also a few pieces on ASOS that I keep checking on daily, hoping/wishing/praying that they'll appear in their 70% off sale. It's like refreshing for Glastonbury tickets all over again! These incredible boots remind me of the patchwork suede dress I spotted on Beyond Retro's Instagram last week. I need to get my mitts on this offbeat dress!

I'm also obsessed with this funky suede skirt. If money was no object, I'd buy this in a heartbeat! Although, I wouldn't be able to decided between mustard or burgundy. Which do you prefer?

Make it blue, make it pink...


How amazing does Megan look in it?!

Stella McCartney also launched her StellaSport collaboration with Adidas last week. I love how the range is not only wackydooda, but also relatively affordable. I really like these two pairs of leggings...
Street sportswear is going to be quite big this season, you may have already noticed Missguided getting in on the action. Their collection is ideal for those who want to be on trend, but are more minimalistic and low key. How hot is their new Active campaign?!

(Although I wish they hadn't of ruined it with resorting to 'bitch', come on, it's 2015!)


 I saw this snap on Diane Von Furstenberg's Instagram last week and it's making me really want to chop my hair again. I left it to grow all winter for those days when I forget my scarf, but I'm afraid it's getting less chic, more Hagrid every day. Wow, two Harry Potter references in one post... can you tell I've been listening to the audio books on my commutes to uni?




I hope you crazy cats are having a wonderful week. 

(Two more days until Friday!)