Monday 26 January 2015

Brew Break #13 Food, Glorious Food


This month my twitter and instagram feeds have been inundated with two words, 'January detox'. Instead of jumping on the gruelling bandwagon like I used to, I just kept an eye on my eating pattern over Christmas and had one slice instead of two - it's all about the 80/20 lifestyle

However, as I've been a little under the weather this month, I thought I'd do my own little spin on a detox, shall we call it my January cheat-ox?,  in which I substitute my evening meals for a hearty soup. When I say hearty, I mean it - yes these may be soups, but they're busting with wonderfully wacky ingredient combinations. My love affair with Covent Garden soups came to an abrupt end when I spotted Glorious in Sainsbury's!

Here are my four favourites from their extensive range...

"A soulful chicken and sausage soup with bell peppers, smoked paprika and stumbling into a festival in full swing."

"A roast tomato soup with eastern spices, a pinch of saffron, mint and discovering peaceful gardens amongst bustling bazaars."

"Hearty lentil and vegetable soup blended with sumac, Isot pepper and some best-kept secrets waiting to be found."

"A warming tomato and lentil soup with yoghurt, a touch of Goan spice and train journeys past pink blossoms you can reach out and touch."

I honestly can't recommend these healthy pots of goodness enough. They're ridiculously delicious and leave me feeling full until breakfast. As you know by now, I'm a sucker for packaging and you can see why I give them an A - it would be A+ if their lighter options didn't include the word 'skinny', that really irked me! I do, however, love how each concoction is inspired by an exotic city, which leaves me with serious wanderlust! Who knew armchair travelling could be sparked by a soup?

In case you're intrigued, these soups are currently on offer in Sainsbury's two for £3. If you're not detoxing, grab a chunky Kalamata olive ciabatta too! (Who am I kidding? There's crumbs on my desk as I type...)


All this soup talk is making me hum the soup crimp... CRUTON! CRUTON!


What do you guys think of my re-jujjed blog layout?