Friday 6 October 2017

Very Important Date

Happy Mad Hatter day one and all!


2006 was a fine year - I hadn't lost my rare Harry Potter uno cards yet, walkers released a limited edition feta flavoured crisp and our primary school put on a production of Alice in Wonderland. Whilst everyone was pining for the lead role, my heart was set on the Mad Hatter. Or even the dormouse, I wasn't picky - I just desperately wanted an invite to the infamous tea party, which our set designer, Miss. Bacon, had done a stellar job of. My mum, the choreographer, had also nailed the enchanting entrance! Alas, I ended up getting the short end of the stick - the Dodo. It's been 11 years and I'm still fumin'. 


Funny enough, I found the battered script this morning and have fallen down the rabbit hole of nostalgia. It's actually also #worldsmileday and I have to agree with LOVE on this one - the most infectious grin in the biz really does belong to Slick Woods. Here, ironically, dressed as the Mad Hatter and being shot by Tim Walker for Pirelli's 2018 calendar.


Today, let's recognise the reality that is nonsense and the silliness that is sanity.