Wednesday 25 October 2017

TEST YOUR MIGHT

I've been working at Manchester Central lately and on my lunch break indulging in the city's hidden treasures. If I'm not glued to Affleck's arcade machines, or in the library, you'll find me at the art gallery.





I thought I'd share a glimpse of what you can expect at MAG if you ever fancy a change of scenery. As you enter the gallery you're greeted by a neon sing which reads welcome in Urdu. It plucks the same fuzzy warm heart string as the 'everything is connected' sign that I spy every morning as the train pulls up to Piccadilly before I dash to work.



I must have glared at this stunning painting by James Webb, entitled The Signal (1860), for a good five minutes. It reminded me of one of my favourite Maya Angelou poems where we belong, a duet - particularly the enchanting line then you rose into my life like a promised sunrise.



When you put your iPod on shuffle.



Συν Αθηνά και χείρα κίνει




Another favourite of mine was Hetain Patel's mesmerising Don't Look at the Finger film.








Right, my half an hour's up. Time to head back to work.