Thursday 10 September 2015

Bliss By Karen x 1 Year Anniversary Soirée

SETTING THE TONE FOR TONIGHT'S 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY / JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE OFFICE

Recently we threw a little soirée at our house to celebrate the one year anniversary of my mum's furniture restoration business, Bliss By Karen x. Can you believe it's already been a year since the launch?! You may remember that back in June I updated you guys with the brands progress and was delighted to report that my mum now has a showroom in a local mill. 

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM / A PARTY WITHOUT CAKE IS JUST A MEETING

My mum is also tackling markets and commissions now and it's such a joy to watch her business thrive. Words can't express how proud I am of my mum for following her passion and taking the struggles of managing a business in her stride. I thought I'd share some photos from the party and fingers crossed inspire you to turn your dreams into reality!

HERE'S TO MANY MORE YEARS OF PAINTING AND FRUITION! / BIG LOVE TO @COCKTAILQUEENLILLY 

Once again, our dear friend Cocktail Queen Lilly catered our event with the same bespoke cocktails from our launch - Bliss and Calluna. Lizzie's business is always blooming, it's infinitely inspiring seeing kick ass women running their own empire and going from strength to strength. It's vital to support local businesses, lean on each other for advice and utilise the power of word of mouth. 

Speaking of sharing the love, I HAVE to mention a quirky business we've recently discovered: Gooseberry Fool (run by the delightful Rachel). When we were running a stall at a local market a few months ago, we crossed paths and instantly adored her adorable creations. As an anniversary gift, we all chipped in to buy my mum this endearing JOY bunting:

Here is Rachel's Etsy shop for anyone curious!

THOUSANDS OF CANDLES CAN BE LIGHTED FROM A SINGLE CANDLE, AND THE LIFE OF THE CANDLE WILL NOT BE SHORTENED. HAPPINESS NEVER DECREASES BY BEING SHARED #BUDDHA / 
LOVING VIBES / SPELLS / WISHES TABLE

They say the hardest part of marriage is the first year, arguably a similar truth for the first year of business. I asked my mum what her advice is to fellow entrepreneurs on how to survive the first year curse: "Don't worry about steps 5, 6 and 7, take step one and let the universe do the rest."

Living your life with gratitude, patience and hope also helps tremendously. If you struggle to find balance or peace, perhaps repeating positive affirmations will help you as much as they do me. Here's a beautiful one my friend shared recently: The power of Earth gives me secure stability, staying power and assertiveness, self-assurance and self-confidence. The power of the cosmos give me enthusiasm, pleasure and joy.


OOTD: 
Black maxi dress ~ Topshop
Flower arm tie ~ ASOS
Amythest necklace ~ Full Moon boutique in Budapest


In celebration of my mum's 1 year mark, I thought I'd throw together a mini playlist of some of her favourite jams she paints to ~ perhaps we can make this a regular thing?


MUM'S LOYAL PAINTING BUDDY, DEEFA


If you want to follow my mum's journey, you can here ~ the more the merrier! Here's my magical mama working on her latest commission, serious Jackson Pollock vibes.


Find your bliss. Follow your bliss.