Monday 7 September 2015

Monday Blues #12 Sun Sun Sun

Good morning Petals,

Just a quick one today, as my head is still spinning from Saturday night. I hope you all had a magical weekend and have lots of stories for the office today. Mine was pretty jam packed. I popped by my cousin Harriet's baby shower Saturday afternoon, it was so heat-warming seeing her blooming and glowing. The theme was afternoon tea party à la the Mad Hatter and guests were encouraged to bring a baby photo of themselves, which was pretty hysterical. It was so delightful taking a walk down memory lane.



 Later that day, it was my best friend Caitanya's 21st birthday party - the theme was DISCO/Elvis/studio 54/space/flower power. There was lots of glitter, wine and Chaka Khan - I actually still have glitter in my hair. Happy birthday my sugar plum pixie, I'm so proud to of been part of 12 of your 21 years. Love you, moon sister!


Angela Huston and Jerry Hall, Studio 54

Any RuPaul's Drag Race fans out there?!

I have a ton of university and admin work I need to get the ball rolling on today which I don't feel like facing. There's a simple yet effective trick that always gets me through arduous times. I simply tell myself "you'll never feel like doing it, so just bite the bloody bullet. Be done with it and do your future self a favour!" I know it sounds trivial, but we all need a kick up the arse from time to time (especially on a Monday morning). To cushion the blow, I'll love you and leave you with this cosmic sunrise I caught from my yiayia's garden last month in Greece. It always brings me peace and keeps me company whilst I sip my morning coffee.

“What breaks in daybreak? Is it the night? Is it the sun, cracked in two by the horizon like an egg, spilling out light?” - Margaret Atwood



Why not throw a lil Norah Jones in the mix whilst we're at it?!

Watching YouTube videos of sunrises in different corners of the world never fails to calm me down and helps me lose myself for a while - it's good to lose yourself every now and again, just don't forget to leave a trail of rice so you can find your way back.

Have a cosmic blooming week!
Turn on your magic beam!