Wednesday 16 September 2015

Brew Break #28 Cundalini Wants His Hand Back!

Kalimera Petals!

Ok, ok, I know what I'm about to say is painfully cliché and I can already feel the wrath of hundreds - well how ever many people read my blog (hi mum) - of people's eyes rolling, but it's cliché for a reason: Everyone should own a leather jacket. I picked up my tatty one on my birthday some five years ago at the Topshop on Oxford Street and have lived in it ever since. Although they can be a wee pricey, they're an investment and when I think about price-per-wear it's peanuts!


When it comes to the big screen, the most iconic leather jacket undoubtedly belongs to Mad Max. If you haven't watched the dystopian cult classic, I implore you to do so ~ I recently caught 1 and 2 in a row at the Prince Charles Cinema in Leicester Square and was not disappointed! 


There's something so powerful about the feeling I get when I throw on my LJ, it's almost like wearing armour. A little trick I've always done to customise mine and give it a lil je nais se quois, is to add badges. 


I vividly remember around six years ago being inspired by a model off duty photograph I saw of Agyness Deyn ~ she was wrapped up in a LJ which was adorned with punk pins. Ever since I've collected pins on my travels and like to rotate them as they're a way of personalising my jacket.



I'm always on the hunt for new additions and screening Ebay for a neighbourhood witch and Ursula pin. My fiend Caitanya also has a wicked 'I still miss Elvis' badge which I adore!



I'd also LOVE to own a red LJ and attack it with safety pins à la Balmain...

For any Londoner's out there, there's a wicked comic book shop called Time Trek that I used to regularly scout out for hidden gems. It's also where I bought my beloved Padmé Amidala mug...

Lately I've really been throwing myself into my blog and getting into the groove of writing posts most evenings. I have high hopes for the direction in which I want to steer my content and one of them is that I'd love to feature more D.I.Y tutorials. When I'm down in London next week, I'll have a root for a few groovy patches that I intend to iron on my vintage denim jacket. If I have time, I'll nip into The Great Frog as they have a wicked coffin patch ~ although it's macabre and the polar opposite of my happy-go-lucky disposition, I think it would look so badass.



I was inspired by this funky ASOS video:



Who is your favourite Star Wars Character?