Wednesday 2 September 2015

Bibbidi-Bobbidi Bits & Bobs #9

Ello' Ello' Ello',

I thought I'd kick off this weeks swirls of inspiration with a recent article published in my local newspaper all about my grandparents band. Yep you heard right, my grandparents are in a band! The Oakmere singers consist of eighteen singers ranging from 68 - 90 years old, who raise money for local charities. My Grandad Leo, who used to DJ all across Manchester, now curates their gigs and my Nana Maureen sings and plays the tambourine. This article sharing how much $ they've raised has me bursting with pride! It just goes to show that it's never too late to dream :-)

This encouraging infographic hits the nail on the head! 


In my first ever BBB&B post last October, I declared my love for the charity Coppafeel. This week cosmic singer Rae Morris released her single Don't Go for the charity alongside a truly POWERFUL music video. Prepare yourself for some serious goosebumps...

 

On the subject of new releases, I had chills watching the epic trailer for Macbeth. I studied the Shakespearian play back in high school and am eager to watch this on the big screen. I think the casting director was bob on with Michael Fassbender as Macbeth and Marion Cotillard as Lady Macbeth ~ the costumes look equally mesmerising. 

Witches ✓ Murder ✓ The dichotomy of good and evil ✓


O! Full of scorpions is my mind, dear wife!


Things without all remedy should be without regard. What’s done is done.


Blood will have blood.

On a lighter note, I'm on the hunt for a new coat at the mo and these three are calling my name. All dreadfully impractical for Manchester's Arctic weather but spellbinding no less!

1 / 2 / 3

Since my favourite holiday of the year Halloween is creeping up on us, I'm loving all things Gothic ~ basically anything that looks like it's straight out of Phoebe Halliwell's wardrobe!


1 / 2 / 3


As September is now in full swing, I'll be back off to begin my third year of uni in no time. I'm itching to get back to the big smoke and to be greeted by the inevitable wealth of weird and wonderful events painting the city. There's an Audrey Hepburn exhibition (July 2 - October 18) at the National Portrait Gallery which I'll definitely make time for.



I also want to catch Covent Garden's magical cloud of balloons installation by Charles Pétillon (August 27 - September 27).


Speaking of going back to uni, I plan on utilising the library the second I'm back. I'm dying to get my hands on Leopardi's infamous Zibaldone(!!!!) I also recently heard about The Golden Specific (part of The Mapmakers Trilogy) and after reading it's blurb was filled with curiosity.

"The Golden Specific continues the story of a fascinating fantasy world where time has shattered and so different geographical areas exist in time periods all the way from pre-human to the far future." ~ Anya @ On Starships and Dragonwings


At the beginning of August, my Instagram feed was bursting with cosmic images from Wilderness festival. It's essentially a three day food/wellbeing/yoga fest with a delightful array of bands, workshops and theatrics to keep mad hatters entertained. Here's a montage of their highlights ~ I'm in awe!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I've been besotted with Audrey Hepburn for as long as I can remember and happen to know her favourite poem. I thought I'd leave you with it as it's bursting with passion and almost transcendental:


"My spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs,
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in your many forms"