Monday 9 February 2015

Monday Blues #8 I Dreamt About You Last Night And I Fell Out Of Bed Twice

Wednesday marks two years since I first began my Monday Blues series and since I haven't posted one in many moons, I thought I'd revive it! Here are some inspirational nuggets that I keep in a file I turn to whenever I'm having a de-fabulous (a saying my best friend and I have used for years, long story) day.

Are you ready for some serious motivation? You either are, or you aren't - it's all down to you. The power of the mind is phenomenal... it's all about that Positive Mental Attitude, baby!

I implore you to print this and stick it in your 2015 diary, or make it your desktop background. You wouldn't believe the wonders it does!

I read this article on Oprah's website ages ago (before I even began blogging) and it has stuck with me ever since. It's amazing the amount of crazy situations I've gotten myself into by following this very quote. Only recently a stylist I admire tweeted one evening that she needed help with a shoot the following day. Before I knew it, I was running around London with an empty suitcase, collecting headdresses and all sorts of weird and wonderful pieces from numerous studios and assisting her on an incredible editorial. 
The fun really is on the other side of yes!

Know your worth. 

Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the
other person to die - Buddha. Treat anger/jealousy/resentment like poison and remember that a rising tide lifts all boats! You may not be satisfied with your current financial/job/relationship status, but it's crucial to nurture your individuality, see life through rose-tinted glasses and...

If you're having one of those days - or even months - where your motivation level is non existent, immerse yourself in culture. Go to the cinema, an art exhibition, your favourite museum, or go to the library and read to remember/forget. Have an open mind and inspiration will come to you!

A childhood friend used to swear by η τύχη βοηθά τους τολμηρούς‎ - which translates as fortune favours the bold. I love this neon sign which spreads the same message that I wholeheartedly believe in. Anything that makes your heart race, is worth doing! (Except drugs. Stay in school, kids) 
Del Boy would be proud!

I think this Eeyore quote speaks for itself...

It's alright to have days every now and then to mope - in fact, it's healthy. Allow yourself a day to feel your feelings, then convert it to fuel! Likewise, if you have a goal, don't wait for January or Monday to start - get the ball rolling, live in the now. When I started my blog, it was December 2012 and my new year's resolution was to create one. Within an hour my head was brimming with ideas and I was wondering what the hell I was waiting for... by January 1st, I had already written six posts and was in the groove!


Ok, granted this video is extremely cheesy, but if you look past the rising, cliché score and power montage, there are some brilliant pearls of wisdom...


And when all else fails, turn to the ultimate motivator and oracle that is Queen B. I need to pick up this mug from UO asap...


Keep blooming and building your wall, day by day, brick by brick!